• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Compiling Cannot open include file: 'boost/asio.hpp': No such file or director (TFS.1.3 Downgraded 8.6)

Ns Sparkz

Just a Normal Ns King
Reaction score
Code:
Severity    Code    Description    Project    File    Line    Suppression State
Error    C1083    Cannot open include file: 'boost/asio.hpp': No such file or directory    theforgottenserver    C:\Users\Feshtik\Desktop\Current Ot\tibia servers\forgottenserver-8.6-downgrade\src\otpch.h    42
I have linked both my "Include Directiories" and "Library Directiories" to my Vspkg folder and i tried to recompile but error won't disappear, i felt like the files didn't parse also.

you shouldnt link anything, vcpkg does that for you, just install needed libs thru cmd
before i manually link them, which i didn't know it did that by it's own, i got this error. so i tried manually linking and it didn't work, what could be the solution to this? am sorry for disturbance. i already installed boost for needed libs? should boost work?
Post automatically merged:

i updated my comment.

this command didn't work
Code:
vcpkg install boost-iostreams:x64-windows boost-asio:x64-windows boost-system:x64-windows boost-filesystem:x64-windows boost-variant:x64-windows boost-lockfree:x64-windows luajit:x64-windows libmariadb:x64-windows pugixml:x64-windows mpir:x64-windows cryptopp:x64-windows
so i changed it to
Code:
./vcpkg install boost-iostreams:x64-windows boost-asio:x64-windows boost-system:x64-windows boost-filesystem:x64-windows boost-variant:x64-windows boost-lockfree:x64-windows luajit:x64-windows libmariadb:x64-windows pugixml:x64-windows mpir:x64-windows cryptopp:x64-windows
and it said bash: ./vcpkg: is a directory
and then i followed up the rest with in build configuration Release & x64 and rebuillding.

so you didnt install any libs if that command didnt work.
You need to cd into vcpkg directory before using that command

Solution
In addition to what ^ they said, that you need to cd vcpkg first, there should be no need to specify x64-windows on every single package.

You can do this, which I covered in another thread. (Where I was exposed to what Windows devs deal with after years of only dealing with sane tool chains)
Bash:
set VCPKG_DEFAULT_TRIPLET=x64-windows
set VCPKG_TARGET_ARCHITECTURE=x64
set VCPKG_LIBRARY_LINKAGE=dynamic
set VCPKG_CRT_LINKAGE=static
Then it's simply this:
Bash:
vcpkg install boost-iostreams boost-asio boost-system boost-filesystem boost-variant boost-lockfree luajit libmariadb pugixml mpir cryptopp

Untitled.png
In addition to what ^ they said, that you need to cd vcpkg first, there should be no need to specify x64-windows on every single package.

You can do this, which I covered in another thread. (Where I was exposed to what Windows devs deal with after years of only dealing with sane tool chains)
Bash:
set VCPKG_DEFAULT_TRIPLET=x64-windows
set VCPKG_TARGET_ARCHITECTURE=x64
set VCPKG_LIBRARY_LINKAGE=dynamic
set VCPKG_CRT_LINKAGE=static
Then it's simply this:
Bash:
vcpkg install boost-iostreams boost-asio boost-system boost-filesystem boost-variant boost-lockfree luajit libmariadb pugixml mpir cryptopp
Untitled1.png
Post automatically merged:

Everything is Running Smoothly Thanks to Nekiro currently it's installing the libs. My mistake is that i was using Gitbash to run my commands on, and it's shit, i should use the normal Cmd while runing the commands.

Last edited:
melhd@MohamedElhediny MINGW64 ~
$ ^[[200~./vcpkg install boost-iostreams:x64-windows boost-asio:x64-windows boost-system:x64-windows boost-filesystem:x64-windows boost-variant:x64-windows boost-lockfree:x64-windows luajit:x64-windows libmariadb:x64-windows pugixml:x64-windows mpir:x64-windows cryptopp:x64-windows~
bash: ./vcpkg: No such file or directory

Need help

Back