• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Cannot talk to King Tibianus

vincent1

Reaction score
Hello....

when i say Hail King i get no respons from king tibianus, i tried Hail Tibianus as well...

anyways here is my xml and lua:

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<npc name="King Tibianus" script="data/npc/scripts/King Tibianus.lua" walkinterval="2000" floorchange="0">
    <health now="100" max="100"/>
    <look type="332" head="21" body="87" legs="107" feet="95" addons="0"/>
    <parameters>
        <parameter key="message_greet" value="Hi there, how's it hanging, |PLAYERNAME|!"/>
        <parameter key="message_farewell" value="Good bye, |PLAYERNAME|!"/>
        <parameter key="module_keywords" value="1" />
        <parameter key="keywords" value="hail king;job;" />
        <parameter key="keyword_reply1" value="I greet thee, my loyal subject |PLAYERNAME|." />
        <parameter key="keyword_reply2" value="I am your sovereign, King Tibianus III, and it's my duty to provide justice and guidance for my subjects." />
        <parameter key="keyword_reply3" value="Do you want to be promoted in your vocation for 20000 gold?" />

<parameter key="module_shop" value="1"/>
        <parameter key="shop_sellable" value="" />
        <parameter key="shop_buyable" value="" />
    </parameters>
</npc>

Code:
local keywordHandler = KeywordHandler:new()
local npcHandler = NpcHandler:new(keywordHandler)
NpcSystem.parseParameters(npcHandler)

function onCreatureAppear(cid)            npcHandler:onCreatureAppear(cid)            end
function onCreatureDisappear(cid)        npcHandler:onCreatureDisappear(cid)            end
function onCreatureSay(cid, type, msg)        npcHandler:onCreatureSay(cid, type, msg)        end
function onThink()                npcHandler:onThink()                    end

local node1 = keywordHandler:addKeyword({'promot'}, StdModule.say, {npcHandler = npcHandler, onlyFocus = true, text = 'I can promote you for 20000 gold coins. Do you want me to promote you?'})
    node1:addChildKeyword({'yes'}, StdModule.promotePlayer, {npcHandler = npcHandler, cost = 20000, level = 20, promotion = 1, premium = true, text = 'Congratulations! You are now promoted.'})
    node1:addChildKeyword({'no'}, StdModule.say, {npcHandler = npcHandler, onlyFocus = true, text = 'Alright then, come back when you are ready.', reset = true})

local node2 = keywordHandler:addKeyword({'epicfgrtx'}, StdModule.say, {npcHandler = npcHandler, onlyFocus = true, text = 'I can epicize you for 200000 gold coins. Do you want me to epicize you?'})
    node2:addChildKeyword({'yes'}, StdModule.promotePlayer, {npcHandler = npcHandler, cost = 200000, level = 100, promotion = 2, premium = true, text = 'Congratulations! You are now epicized.'})
    node2:addChildKeyword({'no'}, StdModule.say, {npcHandler = npcHandler, onlyFocus = true, text = 'Alright then, come back when you are ready.', reset = true})

npcHandler:addModule(FocusModule:new())

Change
Code:
script="data/npc/scripts/King Tibianus.lua"
to
Code:
script="King Tibianus.lua"

Although it should give an error about that.

Do you have the same problem with other NPCs? If you have, it could be something in your npcsystem.
At least there is nothing wrong with the script and just to be sure I didn't miss anything I tested it on TFS 0.2.15 and TFS 0.3.6 (this one is similar to 0.3.7).
And on both servers it worked fine, I got the "Hi there, how's it hanging, |PLAYERNAME|!" message when saying hi, could buy promotion etc.

Back