• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Solved Cant access local host

Tibia Rox

Reaction score
I was messing around with some stuff in order to get my server online, and I'm not sure what I did but I can no longer access phpmyadmin to get into the server database, nor can I access the local host. I get an error that says "The localhost page isn't working. localhost is currently unable to handle this request." Please help.

Code:
mysqlHost = "localhost"
mysqlUser = "(name of database)"
mysqlPass = "(my password)"
mysqlDatabase = "(same as mysqlUser)"
mysqlPort = 3306

I tried reinstalling UniServer, and I was able to access phpmyadmin, but as soon as I edit anything it goes offline and I get the error message.

change the mysqlHost to 127.0.0.1 (the local ip IIRC) or something, you're having the same problem I did, that solved the issue

I downloaded an older version of UniServer and it seems to have stopped crashing and going offline. However, my sever will not start up. When I use 127.0.0.1 as the mysqlHost, the server log doesnt even open. When I use localhost as the mysqlHost, the server log opens, begins to load, then closes after displaying the message:

Access denied for user 'valdera@localhost' (using password: YES)
Failed to connect to database.

I have a database set up now with the correct name/password displayed in config.lua, but still wont load

Nevermind, I fixed my database issue, but I'm still getting this error when my server starts:

https://otland.net/threads/error-with-groups-xml.241848/

https://gyazo.com/69de60a7e0581c05ca9e7dce939e1f2a

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<groups>
    <group id="1" name="player" flags="0" access="0" maxdepotitems="0" maxvipentries="0" />
    <group id="2" name="gamemaster" flags="137438953471" access="1" maxdepotitems="0" maxvipentries="200" />
    <group id="3" name="god" flags="272730398714" access="1" maxdepotitems="0" maxvipentries="200" />
</groups>

Back