• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Compiling Can't compile or run web server! Help!

Etheryald

Noob
Reaction score
Hey guys, I have read/watched a TON of tutorials in the past few days and I absolutely CANNOT get a server to even start up. I have no idea what I'm doing, but I used to make my own servers all the time back when YurOTS and NeverlandOTS were popular.... I realize now that it's a totally different ballgame but it doesn't seem all that hard, I just cant get ANYTHING to work properly. lol I will upload screenshots of some stuff I'm having issues with.

First these are the files I have downloaded.. I found them here on Otland, under the TFS nightly updates..

Also, we have the VS program for windows. I simply cannot find the "build" option and from what I have seen I believe it should be exactly where I have clicked, any suggestions?

Also, I'm running into issues getting the "phpmyadmin" to work correctly on the Uniform server. I'll be honest I have no idea what to even try here to fix this.. AT ALL lol

Last edited:
Solution
@Etheryald Great!

@Mkalo You might want to leave the steps here you went through to solve his problem (so we can mark thread as Answered as well).
1) Tfs SDK folder has to be in a directory folder without spaces in its path
2) Boost has to be in a directory folder without spaces in its path
3) Open cmd as Administrator and use cd to the execute the .bat files to register stuff.
@Mkalo it worked!! ok so for my own understanding of how to navigate GitHub and find solutions to some things other people have already solved... how did you find this sir?
Well you could read the error, it says the reason. I found it because I knew about it already but you would find if you searched for _ENABLE_ATOMIC_ALIGNMENT_FIX.

unknown.png

Okay, and yes I read the error I just didn't know what to change to fix it.. I mean with Visual Studio it shows exactly where the error was I just didn't know what to write to fix it. lol I've never done any "coding" if this is what you call coding. I don't even know. lol anyways finished building the .sln and now when I run the .exe it establishes database connection. but when it loads database manager it shuts down

EDIT: I think it may be unable to load config.lua which is a real bummer because I thought I finally had the whole uniserver thing figured out lol

Okay, and yes I read the error I just didn't know what to change to fix it.. I mean with Visual Studio it shows exactly where the error was I just didn't know what to write to fix it. lol I've never done any "coding" if this is what you call coding. I don't even know. lol anyways finished building the .sln and now when I run the .exe it establishes database connection. but when it loads database manager it shuts down

EDIT: I think it may be unable to load config.lua which is a real bummer because I thought I finally had the whole uniserver thing figured out lol
config.lua and the uniserver are unrelated. It's the server console giving you this error, right? Is your .exe located among config.lua and other files?

Last edited:
Mind you give us the full error? You can take a screenshot or right click the console title bar and click Edit -> Mark and then select the area you wish to copy and press Enter to copy. Then paste here using [ quote] tag.

When I double click the .exe file this is what happens(There's one more action that occurs before the window closes, but obviously it happens to fast to read what it says...): http://pasteboard.co/w3aPF4Slp.png

However when I run the .exe through command promt this is what happens: http://pasteboard.co/w3cQoSWry.png
Well firstly it seems you're running it from the wrong directory. You should only copy the .exe from the directory it was saved to after compiling, not run it from there. Paste it in the main directory, which contains the data/src/vc14 folder and also config.lua etc...

Next step, if you haven't done that already, is to download all the required dll files and paste them in that same folder. Then your server should be able to start properly (if you have configured config.lua to use the correct database and mysql user etc). https://otland.net/threads/opentibia-dll-pack-v2-0.155310/

Last edited:
UPDATE: got the 7.4 server running. I had made a few simple errors with uniserver/config.lua thank you guys for not giving up on me!!
Now I am going to download Znote's AAC and try to get that working, after that I'm going to start doing some modifying/testing!! thank you @Colandus @Mkalo

Back