• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Can't connect to my OTserver from Global IP-Adress.

Veterana

Oldschool Player
Reaction score
Hello.
I am trying to host a server that works fine on LAN, but i can't connect to it by using my global IP-Adress.
I have port forwarded and turned my Windows Firewall off.
I am using router: Netgear evg2000

Here are some pictures of my router port forwarding:

What could be wrong?
Please help me!

Interesting, No reply and it's been almost a whole year. I'm having the same issue :)

It's really not that interesting. This is what happens when you post in the wrong section. This is a support related issue which should have been moved to the support area in September of 2011.

Some routers won't allow you to connect via your external IP if you are inside the network. Give the IP to a friend and have them check to see if they can connect.

Also check at this website http://canyouseeme.org to make sure that your ports are open.
: a

Last edited:
Try requesting a friend to connect from his computer, that's what it happens to me, I don't know why I can't use my global IP... from localhost / 127.0.0.1 works fine, but if I put my global IP or no-ip it doesn't work.

All depends on what IP you put on config.lua.
If you put:

127.0.01 or localhost you can enter with those IPs only in the host computer without problems.

But if you put your normal ip, or dynamic one, you will need to enter with the IP that is showed on ms-dos, the first one, but only if you're in the host computer too, normal people with the normal dynamic ip.

Or just can be a simple ports problem, you need to be sure that you have forwarded the correct ports (7171, 7172) on router and firewall.

Back