• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

cant connect to my server!

kapka

Reaction score
Hi, i have server at vps. i turned it off (fire wall off) and i cant log in from my computer i have error could not resolve server name (11004) what should i do?;/

* Be sure u got the right IP of ur vps in the config.lua
* If that doesn't work, contact the company ur VPS is hosted at to ask them if they could open the ports 7171/7172.
That should work.

i have ip of my vps serwer there, i should past other?

- - - Updated - - -

i asked my vps admins about ports and they are opened what next?;/

in config.lua i have:
Code:
-- Connection config
	worldId = 0
	ip = "176.122.227.13"
	bindOnlyConfiguredIpAddress = false
	loginPort = 7171
	gamePort = 7172
	adminPort = 7171
	statusPort = 7171
	loginTries = 10
	retryTimeout = 5 * 1000
	loginTimeout = 60 * 1000

[COLOR="silver"]- - - Updated - - -[/COLOR]

EDIT

maybe its like that beacause i have got domain configured to this VPS?? (i can use name of my domain.com and ip, its working too)

Last edited:
me and others too

- - - Updated - - -

maybe i should buy second ip address beacouse of domain or its not reason thats not working

Dude any morron can know the problemzz! Please your ports are fucking wid someone else, sorry to tell truth . All you guys is say why why, I tell you: ..ports is fucking! Litterly

I ment other servers, but this also explains the problem is with your server and not your computer. Well this error means that the name was found but no data or no correct data, so there could be something wrong with the name.
What do you mean with: i can use name of my domain.com and ip, its working too.

Last edited:
Post the contents of your config.lua please.
what do u mean, i shown all about ip and connection. Cant show u now ( writing from phone ). I will post it later

Have you opened you firewall modem ports yet? not pc ports, modem ports
i asked my vps admins about ports and they are all opened. About 1 year ago i had server at same vps, was fine but i dont know what is wrong now

- - - Updated - - -

i installed every thing again but its not working ;/

Last edited:
no i dont ahve any errors, i set ip address in config.lua, same i set at client

short:
client & server ip SAME
Dont have errors when i try connect

Back