• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Windows Can't connect to server. HAVE TRIED ALL SEARCHABLE SOLUTIONS

Taurus

Texass
Solutions
Reaction score
Try to make this shorter and neater:

I have tried configuring with my global, local (ipv4), and a redirect.
I have tried connecting from my network itself, and through a VPN (different PC).

I can't connect except from the host machine. Please offer any advice you can.

This is most certainly some change that has been made to TFS 1.2 that I am unaware of.

http://otslist.eu/can_i_host says the ports are open, I should be able to log in...
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EDIT/SOLVED:
Omglob, you guys. I finally figured this out. I was getting constant " please wait while your character list is loaded" (or similar) message and nothing else on the other computers on my LAN.

I really thought something had changed, because I found that everything was configured properly, yet I couldn't log in.

The IPchanger (OTLand ip changer) was the problem. I had the most recent one, had copied it from my network storage on all 3 machines. Somewhere along the way it got messed up. I downloaded it again, and now it works no problem. There were no indications the program was having problems, it just didn't let me connect. Try redownloading IP changer if this happens to you.

I leave this here in the hopes that some poor bastard in the future can learn from my mistake and save himself some trouble.

Last edited:
Back