• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

cant decide on graphic card

dusieqq

mam hajsu jak lodu
Reaction score
hey i want to play newest game on highs/ultras for relativly low price (i dont care abut AA) price tag is around 200gbp which is 320usd and 239 euro.

PC specs for now is:

Windows Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate Edition (build 7600), 64-bit

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4670K CPU @ 3.40GHz (3,7-3,9 oced on stock cooler)

Graphics Card: Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600 (igpu) 1,2 to 1,4ghz oced

Total RAM: 7.7 GB (corsair vengeance 1600mhz)

R9 280x :)
GTX 770 is better than R9 270X since also get nvidea game optimizer for csgo :)

Bit offtopic but how satisfied are you with i5-4670K? I am planning to buy i5-4670 since my budget is low and i don't plan on overclocking. I'm going with GTX 650 or GTX 660, havent decided yet.
Also what kind of motherboard you have?

my k ver is very good, i havent oced it much yet because of stock cooling but it does it thing, so far im playing on hd 4600 which is in i5, i have to say it does wonders, if you are low on budget you can stay with this only and save for some serious gpu. example:
no AA medium settings 1920x1080 resolution bf3 runs with 36-42 fps so for a low budget it's pretty good imho

games i played on this card:
bf3 mediums
skyrim low-mediums
witcher 2 low
grid 2 medium
rust (highly unoptimized) on fantastic
on the days i will try out metro 2033 and dead space and will tell you the results.

About mobo i have MSI Z87-I, it's not cheapest one i would call it's medium priced higher tier. It's mini-itx mobo thus only 2 ram slots and 1 gpu slot but it's bios, parts used for it are awesome (overclocking oriented) so yeah.

If you need a budget configuration, tell me the price and i will get you something good and cheap :)

edit:
also if you dont plan to oc and have low budget why not getting some amd cpu? for same price as of intel you will probably get slighty more

Last edited:
For that price range you said. Asus DirectCU II 760 2GB. If you want to spend some more, jump to DirectCU II 770, but you are starting to pay higher per fps you gain.

I choose Asus DirectCU because it keeps temps reasonable, barely unbeatable with air and it's 100% quiet.

I choose Nvidia because they have proven much better support when it comes to drivers/utilities and problems with games. The only but I could say now is the upcoming Mantle API from AMD, but right now this is nothing but words. And in any case, it will probably be supported by Nvidia sometime aswell.

Stay away from the AMD R9 series. They run hot and provide no stability.

You should wait until Mantle and Maxwell come out. Shouldn't be long now. But if you must buy a card, the GTX 770 is a great budget card.

betox i use 22 inch LG full hd monitor
i will use 2 diffrent monitors but mostly only one, the second monitor is i belive 17 inch lcd vga monitor (it would be only used for map view etc)

bahamut if i were to pick gtx770 it would be more likely gigabyte one (op cooling and i dont mind loud fans, i wear headphones 90% of pc time anyway)

j.dre i heard it so but that only happens with reference cards only and i aim into 280x toxic one.

For that price range you said. Asus DirectCU II 760 2GB. If you want to spend some more, jump to DirectCU II 770, but you are starting to pay higher per fps you gain.

I choose Asus DirectCU because it keeps temps reasonable, barely unbeatable with air and it's 100% quiet.

I choose Nvidia because they have proven much better support when it comes to drivers/utilities and problems with games. The only but I could say now is the upcoming Mantle API from AMD, but right now this is nothing but words. And in any case, it will probably be supported by Nvidia sometime aswell.
I recommend the same as he does, I have several friends with the Asus DirectCU II 760 (There is an OC version aswell), it costs around 240€ but it's worth it for sure.
The graphic card has 2 fans but it's silent and if you buy the OC version it gives you similiar power to most 770, for that price pretty much unbeatable.

i decided ill go into gtx770 4gb ram gigabyte
is a good card, I got that very same model... all games work great, at ultra settings
speccy.png

do you have skyrim maybe? could you show me fps results after all these graphic enchanments mods?
ad.JPG

Back