• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Windows Can't download clients/ 404 not found error

Wirt79

Reaction score
Hi I just downloaded & installed the Tibia Loader & updated it. Then I clicked on the software button to download the game clients & all of them installed with now problem except for the following.

Tibia 8.10 & Tibia 8.0
Following error for both of them when I try to download: "Exception has occurred: The remote server returned an error: (404) Not Found."

Can you please fix this problem as soon as possible, thanks.

ots-list.org/download

Download the clients you are missing, and then navigate to them manually from tibialoader.

It might be the fact that those are VERY unpopular versions of the game that keeps you from getting to them. I suggest try it this way. Also you could download otland ip changer. Which works GREAT.

There are some things to keep in mind when downloading a Tibia Client and logging into a set version server:

1. You must have a account and player created for the server you are logging into. Server creators IE. programmers make a account page when they setup their world, if you get a world server you would like to join from OTList
then you need to find their website where their account making program is located. Make a account and also create a player while on your account website.

2. Load the correct client version for the servers you want to join in, this version in most cases can be download from the website you made the account with. Most OpenTibia game website have their own custom client.
Custom client have altered IP for their particular website setup so a IP changer is not necessary. Now how a IP changer works is, you start your non-custom client a "normal" Tibia client then, activate the IP changer
while the client is running. If you don't start the client first the IP changer has no client to work on.

This step I don't like using because we are actually using a commercially protected software with copy-write laws (this is hijacking tibia client to work for us NOT GOOD).

There is another way to get a client which one day I hope is 100% free of Tibia protected property and that is OTClient
OtClient looks similar to Tibia Client but with more built in features. It does take the data and sprites for a particular versions which we as good programmers with morals should correct in the future. As programmers we should try as
mush as possible to respect someone else property so if in the future we want to make money from the software we produce is only as good as the respect people give us.

Tibia Loader can make it easier to download clients but it doesn't have access to all versions plus you also have to have the correct IP and account setup done correctly. So in the long run it doesn't really help you that much.
OTland has a lot tutorials and software links and info for set up your own Tibia Clone Server it is very easy and personally satisfying. Don't let problems get in your way they are only opportunity to learn, good luck.

Back