• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Can't install Gesior with OTX Based on 8.6

NaturaOT

Reaction score
Is it even possible to install OTX with Gesior? Right now it just saids "Check server configuration" When i trying to install the page.

95f0f1094c42c9c1d6ecab96d1bb27aa

Gyazo - 95f0f1094c42c9c1d6ecab96d1bb27aa.png

Open your index.php and set DEBUG_DATABASE to true, then redo the installation.
Im not 100% sure, Gesior only supports TFS I got no ide if OTX even has any websites that are atleast fully supported.

But that message should tell you if you got a diffrent database schema when the AAC is trying to change or add something to the database.
Another thing, since alot of people have problems with the "custom" Gesior's you can download here on the forum, make sure you try one from the github page insted; Branches · gesior/Gesior2012 · GitHub

I have no ide what version you should use, depends on what OTX is based on when it comes to that version, but might be 0.4 or 0.3

Open your index.php and set DEBUG_DATABASE to true, then redo the installation.
Im not 100% sure, Gesior only supports TFS I got no ide if OTX even has any websites that are atleast fully supported.

But that message should tell you if you got a diffrent database schema when the AAC is trying to change or add something to the database.
Another thing, since alot of people have problems with the "custom" Gesior's you can download here on the forum, make sure you try one from the github page insted; Branches · gesior/Gesior2012 · GitHub

I have no ide what version you should use, depends on what OTX is based on when it comes to that version, but might be 0.4 or 0.3
Hey! I just tested to set DEBUG_DATABASE to true. It's still the same result. I guess i have to stay with TFS lol. Znote works great with OTX but i'm not comfortable working with it. And it don't have the "extra" things that's needed to have a nice website (Custom things). But at the same time it's more secure. So i guess i have something to think about ;) I'm using 0.4 SVN btw.

Hey! I just tested to set DEBUG_DATABASE to true. It's still the same result. I guess i have to stay with TFS lol. Znote works great with OTX but i'm not comfortable working with it. And it don't have the "extra" things that's needed to have a nice website (Custom things). But at the same time it's more secure. So i guess i have something to think about ;) I'm using 0.4 SVN btw.

Both seems to be just as secure (afaik there isn't any known security issues with any of the major AACs out there today).
Setting it to true won't fix your problem, it will tell you if you got any errors from the database when inserting, updating etc
If you did it correctly you should have gotten a bunch of lines of "errors / info" writing out the query that was executed and if it was successful or not.

And tbh Znote is "old enough" to have enough features, what are you missing?

If you ask me Gesior is best if you want a tibiacom layout or prefer the code with Gesior.
If you want bootstrap / custom etc id go with Znote since it's alot easier to customize things insted of editing every page, config values, layout etc etc
And trust me I have converted a Gesior version to bootstrap and it took A LONG TIME... haha

But are you using OTX or 0.4?
If you are using OTX you have to find out what rev it was based on, 3777 and 3884 are the most popular revs, but OTX does change the source code making it harder to find out without having good documents.
But try both versions for 0.4, one of them should work if you use 0.4 settings with Znote.

Back