• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

TFS 1.X+ Cant login to my server but others can

kozmo

Solutions
Reaction score
I am using tfs 1.3 with 12 client everyone can login but me,
help please?

I had the same exact problem.

My problem was the router i was given by my internet provider - It blocked my computer and all devices connected to my wifi to connect to my computer. I couldnt access my website with my phone even if i had wifi on.

I ditched the router and bought a new one - works perfect.

fyi I live in Sweden and I have Telia as internet provider. The software on their router is SHIT and everyone is complaining. They dont fix it.

I've got the same issue and I'm currently trying to resolve it. It has lead me to various solutions, including the most popular, Point 3 of the following;

I've attempted to modify my host file but so far, no go. Try it out, might work. I'm on wireless and does anybody know if I should be using my wireless IP4 or my router's IP4?

It seems to be working for me now. I read somewhere that the hosts file cannot remap IP to IP. I tested this by using LOCAL_IP GLOBAL_IP and using "ping GLOBAL_IP" in cmd and, indeed, this didn't work. (I added a randomly made up domain in hosts LOCAL_IP TEST.COM and that did work apparantly)

The solution: you -do- apparantly need to make a domain, I registered on no-ip, created a domain and downloaded the program. Adding LOCAL_IP DOMAINNAME to hosts I can now connect to DOMAINNAME using OTClient.

1587857113234.png

Edit: don't forget to set ip="something" to ip="DOMAINNAME" in config.lua.

Thanks everyone for the support in trying to help me fix this problem, i tried many things and did not really get anywhere.

It is probably a router issue can not say for sure though, I am going to move. Good luck to anyone else thats stuck with this.

@kozmo Did you try to login with a different account/character? It could be that your most likely admin character you are using to login is bugged. If you can login with a normal character, change the x,y,z position of your admin character to any position which you know about it can be accessible manually in the database and you should be fine to login again.

@Dries I tried this before it did not work so i gave up. i just tried again using 127.0.0.1 and my global ip and now me and everyone else can login. But its strange cuz i tried that before and it did nothing anyways it works now lol.

Yeah, apparantly me and my brother can log in from the home network with my local ip4 192.XXX.XXX.XXX but now my friends can't connect, which really shouldn't be happening. Glad you got it to work though!

Back