• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Can't Login to server But others can.

tago360

Reaction score
I am having a problem with connecting to my server, but others can around the world. it will load the character list for me but nothin else. But others are able to access my site and log in to server. I can access site but not load a character

thats not the problem, The ports are open correctly, and people can connect, just not anyone on the same internet network. (local host)

can't connect to my own server but other people can

It's normal if you can't connect with your global ip to your server or website if you connect from the computer that hosts the server/website.
There are other IPs you can use instead.
You can try to use 127.0.0.1, your IPv4 address or add your domain to hosts and use your domain to connect: https://otland.net/threads/help-with-my-webpage.223416/#post-2146872

For further explanation:

Open your hosts file (C:/Windows/system32/drivers/etc/hosts in Windows).
I recommend to use notepad++ to do this incase you accidentally do save as which will turn the hosts file in a .txt file when you use text edit programs like the default windows notepad and then it won't work.
If you can't save the hosts file, make sure it's only opened once and run notepad++ as administrator.

In the hosts file write your IPv4 address and next to that your domain.
29rx14K62.png

Then add your domain in config.lua and use your domain in your IP Changer to connect to your server.
If you still can't connect to your server after this try to use the latest OTLand IP Changer and make sure you use the config.lua that is ment for your server.

Test that part.

thats not the problem, The ports are open correctly, and people can connect, just not anyone on the same internet network. (local host)

From the tutorial: I can't connect to my own server but other people can
Your title: Can't Login to server But others can.

That's almost identical, it's a tutorial about the most common connection issues, it's not just about port forwarding.

Back