• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

TFS 1.X+ Can't look at any items & Server randomly crashes

OTHst

Solutions
Reaction score
Hi!

I can't look at any items in the game. I recieve the following error in the console:
Feb 14 09:51:32 opentibia tfs[1173]: Lua Script Error: [Event Interface]
Feb 14 09:51:32 opentibia tfs[1173]: data/events/scripts/player.lua:player@onLook
Feb 14 09:51:32 opentibia tfs[1173]: data/lib/core/item.lua:255: attempt to call method 'getAbilities' (a nil value)
Feb 14 09:51:32 opentibia tfs[1173]: stack traceback:
Feb 14 09:51:32 opentibia tfs[1173]: [C]: in function 'getAbilities'
Feb 14 09:51:32 opentibia tfs[1173]: data/lib/core/item.lua:255: in function <data/lib/core/item.lua:254>
Feb 14 09:51:32 opentibia tfs[1173]: (...tail calls...)
Feb 14 09:51:32 opentibia tfs[1173]: ...er/data/scripts/eventcallbacks/player/default_onLook.lua:4: in function 'event'
Feb 14 09:51:32 opentibia tfs[1173]: ...bin/forgottenserver/data/scripts/lib/event_callbacks.lua:109: in function 'EventCallbac>
Feb 14 09:51:32 opentibia tfs[1173]: data/events/scripts/player.lua:10: in function <data/events/scripts/player.lua:9>
So obviously I'm missing the method getAbilities, can anyone provide it?

I'm using the standard datapack that comes with tfs 1.3 as far as I know.

Edit: I just deleted and reuploaded the datapack that came with tfs 1.3, so I am using the standard datapack with the same error

Edit 2: Server also randomly crashes without any information in the console at all

Last edited:
Solution
Ok so the look problem was because of the latest source didn't get pulled apparently. The server still crashes though and I think it has to do with when monsters die because it seems to be up and running as long as you don't kill anything but after a few minutes after a kill the server crashes.
Hi!

I can't look at any items in the game. I recieve the following error in the console:

So obviously I'm missing the method getAbilities, can anyone provide it?

I'm using the standard datapack that comes with tfs 1.3 as far as I know.

Edit: I just deleted and reuploaded the datapack that came with tfs 1.3, so I am using the standard datapack with the same error

Edit 2: Server also randomly crashes without any information in the console at all
Looks like that file has some errors, and was merged yesterday.

Try using the previous version of it for now, and update later on, if you want/need to.

-- Edit

Just to be sure.. You did recompile the server.. and use the new executable it created, right?

Last edited:
Looks like that file has some errors, and was merged yesterday.

Try using the previous version of it for now, and update later on, if you want/need to.

-- Edit

Just to be sure.. You did recompile the server.. and use the new executable it created, right?

Yes, I did recompile the server! :)

Edit: Some information on crash, I did get some information when I ran the server myself and not as an service:
Segmentation fault (core dumped)

Last edited:
Ok so the look problem was because of the latest source didn't get pulled apparently. The server still crashes though and I think it has to do with when monsters die because it seems to be up and running as long as you don't kill anything but after a few minutes after a kill the server crashes.

Solution
Back