• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Cast and OTC

jestem pro

That is the question
Solutions
Reaction score
Hi. I'm using TFS 0.3.6 and OTClient. I've implemented cast system in my TFS. When I've tested it in the custom client everything was alright.
Differently in my OTClient when someone turns on the cast and I want to enter, my OTClient get debug.

So except editing my TFS, do I need edit my OTClient >?

By "custom client" what do you mean? If you modify something on your "custom client" related to the cast system you might aswell edit on otclient.

Without more information there is not much we can do

When I've tested on an ordinary tibia (cipsoftu) it was OK. But when I wanted to enter in my own OTClient, it got debug.
There was written something about safety.

I have noticed that issue already myself. I didn't go deeper into that, so no clue where the problem is. I just can approve that :)

Thanks for your opinion. Without sensible answer I don't know what to do next. My work has stopped. It's changing the direction of my work.

What tibia protocol? Can you post error message or error screen?

I'm working at 8.6.

It happens when somebody turns on cast and wants to enter:

And the errors:
Code:
The thread 0x21c4 has exited with code 0 (0x0).
Unhandled exception at 0x5FCBD4A1 in otclient.exe: 0xC00001A5: Invalid exception handler detected (parameters: 0x00000003).

I got no idea what you could do wrong, because I can connect to 8.6 ots and watch casts... BUT I had to edit charlist.lua, because it detects that server IP is '0.0.0.128' for unknown reason.
You can try this little change in LUA, maybe it will fix your problem.

In modules/client_entergame/characterlist.lua replace:
Code:
widget.worldHost = characterInfo.worldIp
with (of course place there your OTS IP):
Code:
widget.worldHost = '158.69.121.225'

If you still got problems with this. Contact me by Skype: [email protected]

EDIT:
'unknown reason' changed to 'obvious reason', OTC cast IP to string using 'int' (it should be uint?):
otclient/luafunctions.cpp at e870110875627d55006236b7e4996f28fed9a287 · edubart/otclient · GitHub

Last edited:
The change with IP doesn't work. Hmm I don't have Skype :( So should I change int to uint>?

Sorry for the bump in an old topic; but after trying the suggested change from @Gesior.pl it still shows black squares.
Logging in on the default tibia client works fine, it is only on OTC that has issues.
Playing on the OTC client works fine, however the problem starts only when you want to watch a cast.

How it shows when watching a cast:
1684002402980.png
How it shows on the client of player casting:
1684002443556.png

OTC Error:
Code:
ERROR: ProtocolGame parse message exception (1959 bytes, 1257 unread, last opcode is 0x64 (100), prev opcode is 0x0a (10)): invalid thing id (0)
Packet has been saved to packet.log, you can use it to find what was wrong. (Protocol: 860)
ERROR: no thing at pos:32319 31935 7, stackpos:2
at:
    [C++]: ?getMappedThing@ProtocolGame@@QAE?AV?$shared_object_ptr@VThing@@@stdext@@ABV?$shared_object_ptr@VInputMessage@@@3@@Z
ERROR: no creature found to move
at:
    [C++]: ?parseCreatureMove@ProtocolGame@@AAEXABV?$shared_object_ptr@VInputMessage@@@stdext@@@Z
ERROR: no thing at pos:32319 31936 7, stackpos:2

Sorry for the bump in an old topic; but after trying the suggested change from @Gesior.pl it still shows black squares.
Logging in on the default tibia client works fine, it is only on OTC that has issues.
Playing on the OTC client works fine, however the problem starts only when you want to watch a cast.

How it shows when watching a cast:
View attachment 75577
How it shows on the client of player casting:
View attachment 75578

OTC Error:
Code:
ERROR: ProtocolGame parse message exception (1959 bytes, 1257 unread, last opcode is 0x64 (100), prev opcode is 0x0a (10)): invalid thing id (0)
Packet has been saved to packet.log, you can use it to find what was wrong. (Protocol: 860)
ERROR: no thing at pos:32319 31935 7, stackpos:2
at:
    [C++]: ?getMappedThing@ProtocolGame@@QAE?AV?$shared_object_ptr@VThing@@@stdext@@ABV?$shared_object_ptr@VInputMessage@@@3@@Z
ERROR: no creature found to move
at:
    [C++]: ?parseCreatureMove@ProtocolGame@@AAEXABV?$shared_object_ptr@VInputMessage@@@stdext@@@Z
ERROR: no thing at pos:32319 31936 7, stackpos:2
you use tfs 1.x? can you share your system?

Back