• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[Caynez] I'm a cool guy, really

ddwe4jx-871d50a9-3ca1-4778-b7db-891225ea1236.png

Yo, been a while, but I got pretty overwhelmed, I must catch up with university assignments [ It feels like there is almost nothing to do on beginning of semester, but by the end, oh my god xD], before I can focus on personal projects. Right now about to work with some outfits for Midhem and going to work with environments and a lot of other stuff for TheWalkingDead Zombie Project !

Currently my biggest project at Uni is a deck of cards, which means I'm drawing 3 x 4 character portraits at least. I want to push my limits there, but I don't know how it will play out with time management lol. My personal project will be to develop my skills as much as possible and build grounds for fantasy-SciFi world, alien-humanoid races and so on, you know the drill :p

Meantime I completed six-fanarts challenge, cut down the time with these works [they are done faster than post-apo portriats]. Learning and understanding workflows with each sketch/painting.
six fanarts
you can check them on dA or instagram

Let's see where will I be by the end of summer, hope I will keep being active and don't get burned out or smth

Omg, can't believe it's 2 years and so since my last post. A lot of changed, I took a break from pixel art due to serious lack of time. I had to focus on university and my other specialization "digital painting". It's been really tough time for me, and still kinda is, but I'm getting better and stronger. I learned a lot, but still theres much more to explore, but at least I'm more prepared and now know where to go about improving myself. Now, trying to finish uni, I mostly just need to write a thesis.

I did a bunch of pixel arts meantime for @Sajgon , but not really that much. I'm a bit rusty in pixel art (using mouse lol), but I have new expierence from digital painting and probably can apply little tricks from dp workflow to speed up process.

Here's a tiger inspired set and monster doodle/wip I just did to warm up :D
Now, it's time to catch up and check fellow pixel artists in here.

btw. if you are interested in seeing my digital paintings, I mostly draw studies /cute girls lol, my instagram @caynezz trying to establish a stylemix of anime/cartoon/realism

set_i_mobek.png

Omg, can't believe it's 2 years and so since my last post. A lot of changed, I took a break from pixel art due to serious lack of time. I had to focus on university and my other specialization "digital painting". It's been really tough time for me, and still kinda is, but I'm getting better and stronger. I learned a lot, but still theres much more to explore, but at least I'm more prepared and now know where to go about improving myself. Now, trying to finish uni, I mostly just need to write a thesis.

I did a bunch of pixel arts meantime for @Sajgon , but not really that much. I'm a bit rusty in pixel art (using mouse lol), but I have new expierence from digital painting and probably can apply little tricks from dp workflow to speed up process.

Here's a tiger inspired set and monster doodle/wip I just did to warm up :D
Now, it's time to catch up and check fellow pixel artists in here.

btw. if you are interested in seeing my digital paintings, I mostly draw studies /cute girls lol, my instagram @caynezz trying to establish a stylemix of anime/cartoon/realism

set_i_mobek.png
I miss your sprites :(

dfb0qyu-f09b1329-7aa6-4552-bbb5-4a0f0a58068c.png

I found this in a folder, I did this for an assigment at uni a year or so ago.

@dami1310 Thanks, its still a wip , but I know what to keep an eye for :D
@Erick Etchebeur I'm back! Hoping to share some pixel art content now and then. I'll occasionally do sprites for anyone interested, but at the same time I'm rotating between thesis and digital painting right now. Once uni is done, I should have more time for art overall.
@J.Dre LoL XD

dfb0qyu-f09b1329-7aa6-4552-bbb5-4a0f0a58068c.png

I found this in a folder, I did this for an assigment at uni a year or so ago.

@dami1310 Thanks, its still a wip , but I know what to keep an eye for :D
@Erick Etchebeur I'm back! Hoping to share some pixel art content now and then. I'll occasionally do sprites for anyone interested, but at the same time I'm rotating between thesis and digital painting right now. Once uni is done, I should have more time for art overall.
@J.Dre LoL XD
Be honest, how quick of a job was it?. Welcome back.

image.png

Horse mount with rider (Colorable) for Midhem

Hi! I did a bunch of sprites for several projects recently and I'm also planning to invest much more time into work and art now. So yea, I'm probably available, if you read this and wonder.

Personal update: Overall I felt like past few years were slow for me or difficult, but last year, and especially since my last post I think had most difficult time (many things). That's also why I wasn't as active as I planned earlier. Good news are that I graduated university and got a title of "master of arts". 5 years studying art and visual education came to an end by the end of november.
Right now, I'm feeling much better and it's time to catch up (art skills, community, health), have fun and proper adult life. I'll hang out here and on discord servers :>

PS. I might change my super-old avatar and I will use Caynez/CaynezArt or related nicknames elsewhere

image.png

Monsters for Midhem
Middle one was based on creature I sketched earlier (check some posts above). In my spare time I want - for real - finish reorganizing my old pixel arts. I usually have folders per client, but overall it's a bit messy for me, when I want to take a look at past sprites. I don't even have .pngs exported or preview. Just gimp files. LMAO. So I need to open randomly named .xcf files and more often than not, I get suprised and sometimes barely remember drawing some stuff xD. Yea, must find a way to also have them organized in secondary form for myself -inspiration , to share some for showoff/portfolio and see how much I changed over years and how I can revisit some ideas.

While I'm not occupied with client work, I want to work in advance with pixel art and train digital painting meantime (conceptart/illustration). I did some initial warmups with walls and textures, planning to dive deeper into this topic. My first little project will be to create medieval village sprites. For a "new" challenge like that, I prefer to start easy and I will mainly base my inspiration on games like Witcher or smth. Let's see what I create soon. Starting with walls, textures to create houses and basic surroundings. @dewral will help me testing sprites and giving some inspo too :)

PS. Maybe we can revive our pixel art community a bit? Any pixel lurkers or those wanting to start? Maybe we could hop-on discord and do some pixel-sessions together (streaming?). IDK, just wondering. Excited to focus on art and communities, Hope to stay like that :d

image.png

Monsters for Midhem
Middle one was based on creature I sketched earlier (check some posts above). In my spare time I want - for real - finish reorganizing my old pixel arts. I usually have folders per client, but overall it's a bit messy for me, when I want to take a look at past sprites. I don't even have .pngs exported or preview. Just gimp files. LMAO. So I need to open randomly named .xcf files and more often than not, I get suprised and sometimes barely remember drawing some stuff xD. Yea, must find a way to also have them organized in secondary form for myself -inspiration , to share some for showoff/portfolio and see how much I changed over years and how I can revisit some ideas.

While I'm not occupied with client work, I want to work in advance with pixel art and train digital painting meantime (conceptart/illustration). I did some initial warmups with walls and textures, planning to dive deeper into this topic. My first little project will be to create medieval village sprites. For a "new" challenge like that, I prefer to start easy and I will mainly base my inspiration on games like Witcher or smth. Let's see what I create soon. Starting with walls, textures to create houses and basic surroundings. @dewral will help me testing sprites and giving some inspo too :)

PS. Maybe we can revive our pixel art community a bit? Any pixel lurkers or those wanting to start? Maybe we could hop-on discord and do some pixel-sessions together (streaming?). IDK, just wondering. Excited to focus on art and communities, Hope to stay like that :d
Glad you are back with some new stuff, can't wait to see what you will be cooking for us! I'll help as much as i can with some nice ideas to create something interesting :D

image.png

Monsters for Midhem

1683742154363.png
Pinky's family

Thanks guys!
@lukatxd Yea, meat vibes!

My last week was chaotic and I'm a bit slow with progress. Except finishing current work for clients, I'm slowly working on my pixel folder. It was a bit of a mess, but mine mess which I was able to navigate and re-organize to some degree. I had to recheck, if I have most up-to-date backups and truly everything. It's fun digging into past and figuring out some of unnamed pixels. Once I'm fully done, I will gladly share some content for showoff.

Important: Overall, I mostly drew tibia sprites only for requesting clients. I was only creating fresh content (Sometimes someone wanted edits of rl stuff etc) dedicated for those particular clients. What I mean is:
  • I never did re-sell any of my content.
  • I also never donated any content which was paid for already. (as of writing this post, read below for potential plan with requirements)
  • I believe I only donated few super-old [non-paid] pixels.
  • Overall I haven't shown a lot of my sprites after certain point. I tried avoid spoiling content, mostly in order to avoid ripping them off and seeing in random ots, before my clients manage to use them in their project (and release)

- I also never donated any content which was paid for already. (as of writing this post, read below for potential plan with requirements) My upcoming goal is to trackdown and contact some clients (if possible) and check, if my old sprites are being used somehow or dusting forgotten. I will ask them, if they are okay about donating them to project x or y or something. So, ONLY, if sprites are dusting and clients are okay with me donating them. I hope I'm understod here, it's kind of pity to see work being unused and allowing sprites to have a chance of second life seems to be good idea. You know, I'm a cool guy? That's why I hope and try to do everything right.

When I have a chance I do some digging to better organize my pixels (Still WIP, I mostly need to renames files and export proper .pngs, then do compilations in a tidy sleek look for myself - archive/inspiration/portfolio). By visiting otland and searching updates on my clients/their projects I noticed one artist (seems his reputation is complicated, to say the least) sharing an edited sprite of mine - here on otland and on his artstation. No credits was given to me as creator or designated project/client originally ordering sprite - at least not any I noticed. It wasn't nice.

Therefore I decided to write this post and make some stuff clear and also share original creature I did for ArchlightOnline @Sir Knighter
obraz.png

Back