• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Change current forgottenserver with my Custom server

Sweadia

Reaction score
Got a question, if i download forgottenserver1.2 but I would like the server to run on my own RME map, can I simple just replace the existing map with my custom map or do I need to "link" it in some sort of code in the server/code itself?

Yes - You'd be able to add your map in the >world folder and then open the config.lua in a text editor and edit the name of the > world="YOURMAPHERE" to suit your world map.

Providing the map is the same version and the server files don't have any script conflicts with the map, it should be fine with no errors.

Ensure your temple pos is correct also to spawn in correctly (not sure if this still applies as it has been a while since I've ran a server)

Thank you for your answer, I have managed to change map to another downloaded version(Genesis).

However.. when i've tried to use my own custom map my console loads and then shuts down. But I have not tried changing the temple position, im guessing that's actually the issue here, since the original map(forgotten) is 1000x1000 on Rme, but my map is around 2000x2000. So I guess I will have to change that to 1000x1000 to match the xml files(?). I'm really new to this :p.

Thank you for the quick answer

Anything show in the error logs before it closes? It may have a different .otbm or even have too much memory for your pc to load it?

Hopefully it works but if you get any other errors, post here

Back