• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

OTClient Change name and icon otclient

Tubeshop

Reaction score
I don't know how to change the application name on windows. changing APP_NAME = does nothing and continues to display "OTCv8". Is recompilation required to change this name? can this be done without compiling? and how to change the otclient icon?

• You can change your icon by changing the file called clienticon.png in data/images of your OTClient.
  • You can change client name in g.app.setname on line 27 in init.lua.

There is also a file called otcicon.ico in otc/src although changing that never did anything for me haha changing the icon in images did.

Thank you very much. sometimes the simplest things are the hardest :D
Can you tell me how to change the icon of the otclient .exe file?

If changing icon inside of the source code and rebuilding it doesnt solve it (changing the exe icon) you can use tools like resource editor to do it. Keep in mind that icons are cached on the computer, meaning that if you already have an exe with the same name and different icon, in the same location it wont update until the computer refreshes that cache( it will appear to not have changed), to properly test you should either rename the exe file, move it, inspect its properties (the icon should be updated in the preview) or change the view size of the icons on the desktop ( if exe is on the desktop)

If changing icon inside of the source code and rebuilding it doesnt solve it (changing the exe icon) you can use tools like resource editor to do it. Keep in mind that icons are cached on the computer, meaning that if you already have an exe with the same name and different icon, in the same location it wont update until the computer refreshes that cache( it will appear to not have changed), to properly test you should either rename the exe file, move it, inspect its properties (the icon should be updated in the preview) or change the view size of the icons on the desktop ( if exe is on the desktop)
when you write rebuilding do you mean compilation? Unfortunately, I won't be able to compile it at the moment. I use this otclient: GitHub - OTCv8/otclientv8: Clean, ready to use version of OTClientV8 - Alternative, highly optimized Tibia client (https://github.com/OTCv8/otclientv8)

just changing the icon in data/images won't change the icon of the exe file?

when you write rebuilding do you mean compilation? Unfortunately, I won't be able to compile it at the moment. I use this otclient: GitHub - OTCv8/otclientv8: Clean, ready to use version of OTClientV8 - Alternative, highly optimized Tibia client (https://github.com/OTCv8/otclientv8)

just changing the icon in data/images won't change the icon of the exe file?
Im not sure about that, you can try, but if it doesnt you can use other tools like i mentioned in my post above

Back