• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

How can I change this battle function in otclient?

Jpstafe

Reaction score
2024-02-10 14-38-38.gif
Hello otland community, I would like to know how to change this function of the otclient, it attacks players from the battle, I am using tfs 1.2 8.0, I would like to know how I can change my otclient so that it does not attack players from the battle

There are two ways of fixing this for the server, by individually checking item onUse if its a hotkey and disabling, or through config.lua.

So yeah, this is done on server side. So you might want to start by posting your server version.

There are two ways of fixing this for the server, by individually checking item onUse if its a hotkey and disabling, or through config.lua.

So yeah, this is done on server side. So you might want to start by posting your server version.
Should be done in both the client and server really.

A check in the client will prevent wasted calls to the server. And then the server check for authority.

tfs 1.2 version server=8.0 In config.lua there is this option: hotkeyAimbotEnabled = true, but if I set it to false, I cannot throw the runes manually, I'm going to try again, but yesterday I tried setting it to false and nothing worked to throw the runes... not even by chance. hotckey or manual
Post automatically merged:

A check in the client will prevent wasted calls to the server. And then the server check for authority.
And from the otclient where is it done?

tfs 1.2 version server=8.0 In config.lua there is this option: hotkeyAimbotEnabled = true, but if I set it to false, I cannot throw the runes manually, I'm going to try again, but yesterday I tried setting it to false and nothing worked to throw the runes... not even by chance. hotckey or manual

And from the otclient where is it done?
Setting it to false should absolutely not stop your from full on manual throws of runes.

If you want to stop a specific item from being used, you have to create an onUse() script for it. Check if the item used is your item, if so, then check if its being used by hotkey (the sixth parameter).

If you need help learning how to use and register an onUse script, you can learn everything you need to know on the otland wiki here

Matter of opinion I suppose, according to DRY you shouldn't be double working by writing the check on both client and server, also, it is common consensus that anything you don't want to trust the client with (in this case the aimbot rules), should be handled on server side 😉

Last edited:
Setting it to false should absolutely not stop your from full on manual throws of runes.

If you want to stop a specific item from being used, you have to create an onUse() script for it. Check if the item used is your item, if so, then check if its being used by hotkey (the sixth parameter).

If you need help learning how to use and register an onUse script, you can learn everything you need to know on the otland wiki here

Matter of opinion I suppose, according to DRY you shouldn't be double working by writing the check on both client and server, also, it is common consensus that anything you don't want to trust the client with (in this case the aimbot rules), should be handled on server side 😉

It's actually more a matter of efficiency.

Double working is only unnecessary if the code being called is for example, a large algorithm. However, this simple check is one line of code. It's better to prevent the call to the server in the first place. Especially when the client already has the data to check it, very quickly.

And yes you are correct, I already said this. The server has authority, the final say... but its pointless to do this if you can do a simple check client side first. The less overheads to the server, the better...

Last edited:
Back