• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Changing from 32 pixels to 128 pixels

Ok "Smart Guy".
I have yet to see a single person play tibia with "Do not stretch or shrink map" checked. That is the "True resolution" of tibia.
(480x352)
If I upgrade to 128 pixel tiles The new screen resolution would be
(1920x1408)

Yes shrinking that would reduce pixels, but guess what!? It maximizes the amount of pixels we are allowed to use.
I'll use a graphics example for you: Lets say I am making my health bars (Both the same exact size to your monitor)
Here we go, two health bars exactly the same size, but one using more pixels
(this is on a 128 pixel square, the bottom one is drawn with 32 pixel and stretched)

vmxgkl.png

I would say the top one looks much better? Even though they are the same size?
More pixels is always better, always, never once will it ever be worse artistically to have more pixels.
But thanks for your useless rant Mr Baxnie.

No, no and no. Take a good looking armor in 128x128 and shrink it to 32x32 (to fit in an inventory slot). It will look like shit. Well done items are beautiful in 32x32, the quality is crystal clear and the pixels really stand out. A 32x32 shrunken version of a 128x128 item will be extremely blurry and boring.

No, no and no. Take a good looking armor in 128x128 and shrink it to 32x32 (to fit in an inventory slot). It will look like shit. Well done items are beautiful in 32x32, the quality is crystal clear and the pixels really stand out. A 32x32 shrunken version of a 128x128 item will be extremely blurry and boring.

The equipment slots don't have to be 32 pixels either...

This topic wasn't meant to be a debate on whether 128 pixels would be good or not. It was to discuss the possibilities and possible difficulties when switching to higher pixel counts.

I'm done arguing about this either way. It is a goal to increase the sprites to a higher pixel count. And it WILL get done.

Back