• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Changing Level Cap [TFS 1.2]

Heroid

Solutions
Reaction score
Hey, I'm currently playing around with an OT server I'm making and I stuck upon a problem with max level being capped at 71157. I'm wondering how I can raise this level cap, to let's say 1 million for example.
All I know is I have to edit the source but no further than that, I have also never compiled before so if someone can give me a guide on how I can do this I would appreciate it, thanks! :)

Would it not be easier to do a rebirth system that many ots use to get around it that only resets the level and exp, all stats stack?

Not sure if still works but quick search found me these:

CreatureEvent - Rebirth System , Rep++
NPC - Prestige/rebirth System with onlook working
Yeah I've been thinking about it but the thing is I'm not sure if I want to rebirth before level 70k anyway, but I'll definitely consider it. :)
I will probably have to learn to edit source sometime anyways.

Hey, I'm currently playing around with an OT server I'm making and I stuck upon a problem with max level being capped at 71157. I'm wondering how I can raise this level cap, to let's say 1 million for example.
All I know is I have to edit the source but no further than that, I have also never compiled before so if someone can give me a guide on how I can do this I would appreciate it, thanks! :)
It is a scaling factor or range of a datatype that is the issue not the max level itself, as the level increases so does the required amount of experience for the next level and even an uint64_t can only hold so much value. If you wanted to increase the level cap you would have to decrease the experience needed per level.
IAh3g6.jpg

You would need to use boost::multiprecision and use uint128_t (128-bit integer) depending what is actually "blocking" you. I would say it's most probably experience points, so you would need to modify your source to represent the experience as 128-bit integer (it's 64-bit probably). You would also need to make that change to your database schema.

Then of course test it all, to see what else may be "overflowing" and do the same.

Back