• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Changing ports to other

Nassuss

Reaction score
My custom TFS uses ports other than 7171 and 7172. I can't connect to server by game client and I see offline status on Spigu dashboard (even though the server is running). How can I fix this? Where is 7171/7172 hardcoded/configured?
Offline.png

May first thought would be configmanager.cpp?
May not be true tho.. Take a look in your sources and see if you can find it there.
But it may not be that easy.

In general, to assist such questions, try to give more details about your setup.
  • Custom tfs based on 0.4/1.2 etc.
  • Linux/windows
  • Behind a router/firewall

On topic in some of the tfs versions it's just in the config.lua

loginProtocolPort = 7171
gameProtocolPort = 7172

Guys, I appreciate your tips, but I'm not a totally newbie. I use custom TFS based on version 1.3 hosted on Linux. Sources (for example, configmanager.cpp) and scripts (for example, config.lua) are heavily modified. The server needs more ports than just 7171 and 7172 (let's suppose that I need all ports 7171-7179.). I tried to use iptables and ufw but didn't help.
By default, the iptables rules were as follows:
Code:
Chain INPUT (policy ACCEPT)
target     prot opt source               destination
Chain FORWARD (policy ACCEPT)
Chain OUTPUT (policy ACCEPT)
There is no port 7171/7172 listed here and these ports work fine (other not). So the rules responsible for opening ports must be elsewhere in system config.

Back