• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Changing starting hp/mana/etc in TFS0.3.6 (help I've tried everything)

FYzx

Reaction score
Hello folks, as the title states I'm using TFS 0.3.6, to make an 8.6 OT server. The problem I'm running into is that I want to change the hp and mana and cap of newly created characters but no matter what I try, it does not change.

I've tried changing the values of:
- Account manager hp/mana/etc values at the database with phpmyadmin
- Default hp/mana/etc values of the 'players' database table structure
- Every .sql file in the schemas folder (mysql, pgsql, sqlite - just in case)
Yet despite all of them indicating that the default hp should be 1000 (as I've set it to), new characters STILL start with 150 (as well as the other stats not changing). I'm going crazy, what am I missing here?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Is it really a problem tho?
Why don't you just like, make a onlogin to change everyone who starts with 150 hp to 1000 and for it to only work once
@FYzx

Hello folks, as the title states I'm using TFS 0.3.6, to make an 8.6 OT server. The problem I'm running into is that I want to change the hp and mana and cap of newly created characters but no matter what I try, it does not change.

I've tried changing the values of:
- Account manager hp/mana/etc values at the database with phpmyadmin
- Default hp/mana/etc values of the 'players' database table structure
- Every .sql file in the schemas folder (mysql, pgsql, sqlite - just in case)
Yet despite all of them indicating that the default hp should be 1000 (as I've set it to), new characters STILL start with 150 (as well as the other stats not changing). I'm going crazy, what am I missing here?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

data\XML\Vocations.
Change these:
<vocation id="0" name="None" description="none" needpremium="0" gaincap="5" gainhp="5" gainmana="5" gainhpticks="6" gainhpamount="1" gainmanaticks="6" gainmanaamount="1" manamultiplier="4.0" attackspeed="2000" soulmax="100" gainsoulticks="120" fromvoc="0" attackable="no">
<formula meleeDamage="1.0" distDamage="1.0" wandDamage="1.0" magDamage="1.0" magHealingDamage="1.0" defense="1.0" magDefense="1.0" armor="1.0"/>
<skill fist="1.5" club="2.0" sword="2.0" axe="2.0" distance="2.0" shielding="1.5" fishing="1.1" experience="1.0"/>
Best regards.
Leon

data\XML\Vocations.
Change these:
<vocation id="0" name="None" description="none" needpremium="0" gaincap="5" gainhp="5" gainmana="5" gainhpticks="6" gainhpamount="1" gainmanaticks="6" gainmanaamount="1" manamultiplier="4.0" attackspeed="2000" soulmax="100" gainsoulticks="120" fromvoc="0" attackable="no">
<formula meleeDamage="1.0" distDamage="1.0" wandDamage="1.0" magDamage="1.0" magHealingDamage="1.0" defense="1.0" magDefense="1.0" armor="1.0"/>
<skill fist="1.5" club="2.0" sword="2.0" axe="2.0" distance="2.0" shielding="1.5" fishing="1.1" experience="1.0"/>
Best regards.
Leon
I appreciate your help but that does not actually change the starting hp of characters, only the hp they gain per level.

Is it really a problem tho?
Why don't you just like, make a onlogin to change everyone who starts with 150 hp to 1000 and for it to only work once
@FYzx
I could do that but it seems more of a band-aid fix than anything, which seems unnecessary for a problem that is not very complex. It seems like I'm missing something that is right in front of me but I can't see it.

Surely this must not be very complicated. I've heard of people modifying a "sample character" of which all new character take its stats from, and I thought in this case it would be the account manager character, but it seems like it's not.

If you use Gesior aac you can change it in the sample characters, if it's for the account manager you can change it in iologindata.cpp (line 1454/1480).

Oh so it's in the source... no wonder I couldn't find it. Well that sucks, guess I'll have to do what DestinationSer said then. Thank you for your help.

Back