• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Changing Tibia Client Version

Guiminha

Commoner Hero
Reaction score
Hey there. I'm old at otserv managing, but never went deep on editing tibia client. I just want to know: how to change my tibia client version? Example, I want to change my client version to 3.10, and when my players try to enter with and outdated client, they receive the message: "Only clients with protocol 3.10 are allowed!"

My hex-editor is XVI32, just fyi.

Waiting and wanting a reply, Gui~.

Hey there. I'm old at otserv managing, but never went deep on editing tibia client. I just want to know: how to change my tibia client version? Example, I want to change my client version to 3.10, and when my players try to enter with and outdated client, they receive the message: "Only clients with protocol 3.10 are allowed!"

My hex-editor is XVI32, just fyi.

Waiting and wanting a reply, Gui~.

That needs to be done via sources, not client editing.

If your Tibia client is version 8.71 (367 in hex) use hexdump/disassembler or similar and search for a MOV opcode for (0x)367. Jump to the address in the binary, and modify 67 03 (reversed order) to your desired version.

I didn't understand much of what you said. Can you explain more detailed, please? Do I need another program and what is is MOV opcode?

I didn't understand much of what you said. Can you explain more detailed, please? Do I need another program and what is is MOV opcode?

You need to know a littlebit of assembler and how to work a hexeditor. What client version are you trying to modify ?

@Evil Puncker, I can't be arsed to test if it works but here's a couple of positions to point your hexeditor at:
0x15E83 : change 68 67 03 00 00 to: 68 64 00 00 00 (0x367 = 871, 0x64 = 100)
0x16812 : same as above, if above doesn't work
0x111040: same as above, if up doesnt work

@Guiminha: For you I got some addresses too:

0x15A73: 68 56 03 00 00 -> 68 36 01 00 00
0x16402: same as above if above doesnt work
0x10B7E0: same as above if above doesn't work
0x10C110: ditto

I _think_ you'll need to modify just one of them. So just backup your .exe, change one, test it. If it doesn't work try the second address, etc.

Edit: rep if it helped you would be appreciated

Last edited:
Toor, I tried them all separatedly, but I did not have success.
Results: Changing the first, When I tried to login the account, it said Invalid client version.
Changing the second address, when I tried to login the character I had the same error.
Changing the third, when I tried to login the Player I had this error: Invalid client version.
Changing the fourth, I had the same error of the third.

What should I do? :/

---I figured out what happened:
First and Second addresses when changed just messed everything, and are not valid to client versions.

I tried the 3rd and 4rd separatedly and them together, but the version stood 3.00.

Last edited by a moderator:
Check what the login server thinks is your version. Most likely in otserv.cpp there are 2 spots where the version is checked.

i'm pretty sure to change version, what you have to do is edit the first two occurrences of your version string in a hex editor. you have to change them both or it won't work.

to clarify, if the version you want to change is 9.20, and you want to make it 7.68 (the lowest possible for newer clients) you would do a search for 689803 ( 03 98 is hex for 920 flip it to 9803) and change the first two results to 680003 (03 00 is hex for 768, flip it to 0003)

if you need help, tell me what client version you have and what you want it to be and i'll see what i can do ;)

Back