• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Character Auction

themate0

Intermediate OT User
Solutions
Reaction score

i just wanna say: XDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

XDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD too, lets guess what come next

a few images:
sQJFlnQ.png

zgDhAaf.png
Km2MpfX.png

Last edited by a moderator:
well, at least now we're sure that otserver are actually valuable for cip, good ideas from us are incorporated from them like autoloot and now this

Wake me up when built-in CIP bot is a thing. At this rate it won't be long.

This must be the game I most loved and I most hate now. Sad to see how such a unique and good 2DMMORPG has gone to shit.

This character auction system is a good idea. There are thousands of account for sell over the internet and 50% of those are scamms (at least in Poland). It Will finally put end to massive scams. On The other hand people will buy more Tc So cipsoft will get more money (I dont see nothing bad about it. They are company and their Main point is to make money, not to make game out of passion).
I would use this system if I wanted to start playing the game again, there will probably be many 8 lvls with 120 skills on sell from 1k levels who always put noobs to offline training.
Sorry for cap letters but thats my Phone's keyboard.

This character auction system is a good idea. There are thousands of account for sell over the internet and 50% of those are scamms (at least in Poland). It Will finally put end to massive scams. On The other hand people will buy more Tc So cipsoft will get more money (I dont see nothing bad about it. They are company and their Main point is to make money, not to make game out of passion).
I would use this system if I wanted to start playing the game again, there will probably be many 8 lvls with 120 skills on sell from 1k levels who always put noobs to offline training.
Sorry for cap letters but thats my Phone's keyboard.
Totally agreed.
In my opinion that's a huge revolution.

yeah I kinda like the idea too
selling characters is a thing going on in the sides that is not allowed by cip for years now, but the fact that it did happen no matter what shows that the community wants it
they're just making it official, and making more money they can make more for the game
just hope they advertise it more and make it more noob friendly, tibia needs new players else it's going to die

edit: holy shit someone had said basically the same thing above, I didn't even read and said this.. well, the point stands

Last edited:
Coming from someone who mostly criticizes Cip's decisions, I think this is a really good idea. This shit has been going on since forever, and as someone else pointed out, its scams half of the time.

It will incentivize retired players who don't have much time nowadays (but now have money) to flock back into the game, resulting in a larger playerbase.

Last edited:
This wont affect the 3rd party character selling market, since you buy the characters for Tibia coins. Who would want Tibia coins if you quit the game?
I did not read the full article, so i just assume the seller get TC.

Edit: its quite good idea tought, since most of us have tons of alt characters thats just laying around on our accounts. So its a good idea to earn some Tibia coins of characters you dont play anymore

Black market will be more alive as well. Buyers want to buy TibiaCoins cheaper from resellers (saving 1 euro per 250tc is a lot) and sellers who quit wants to sell TibiaCoins and get money instantly on bank account.

This wont affect the 3rd party character selling market, since you buy the characters for Tibia coins. Who would want Tibia coins if you quit the game?
I did not read the full article, so i just assume the seller get TC.

Edit: its quite good idea tought, since most of us have tons of alt characters thats just laying around on our accounts. So its a good idea to earn some Tibia coins of characters you dont play anymore

It's super easy to convert TC into cash and vice-versa through one of the many reputable third-party shops.

It's super easy to convert TC into cash and vice-versa through one of the many reputable third-party shops.
I Thought so, but i guess you would get more money selling the character directly to a customer, then using a 3rd party shop since thay take a cut.

I Thought so, but i guess you would get more money selling the character directly to a customer, then using a 3rd party shop since thay take a cut.

Probably, but taking off the "insecure" step of transacting with an account is a huge deal. Dealing exclusively with tibiacoins is highly secure. If I wanted to buy/sell a character, I'd always go for the 99.9% secure way even if that meant paying a hefty commision, the only exception being if I traded with some kind of RL friend obviously.

I think it's a great idea and long overdue. Open Tibia Servers have had this going for years to re-use characters in the server when people leave.
It won't put a full stop to black market sellers, but it'll make more people go through CipSoft since it's more secure and you can transfer the character to your own account.

TibiaLee streamer thinks CipSoft stole the idea from him from a 2019 application to CipSoft, which is laughable. OTServers have had this for many years, other MMO's too. Not to mention proposals on the Tibia forum, other streamers talking about it etc. Very cynical thinking.

Last edited:
Honestly, I'm disappointed with the UI but what did we expect to get from cip?

Back