• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

TFS 1.X+ Character 'freezing' when creatures attack meele range

Dastan

Graphic Designer
Reaction score
So ive played a new OT and when im hit with meele hits, after a couple of hits my char 'freezes', not in the sense that i get disconnected, i can watch how my char recieves damage and everything that happens for around 20 seconds (I can see players entering the screen, creaturs using spells etc), but i cant move, use items, look at items or use any spells until ~15-20 seconds later when i get a window that keeps flashing saying 'abort', once i click on that i get disconnected and i can log right back in without being frozen.

And it ONLY happens when im in meele ranger of creatures, i can hunt for hours aslong as i dont get into meele range of creatures. Nobody else on the server seems to have this problem and it doesnt matter if i use theyr custom client or OTclient, still the same problem.

Server is TFS 1.3 on a 10.98 server, server itself doesnt get any error messages.
Its a VPS located in the netherlands with 4 GB RAM and 4 CPUs and im playing from Austria.

Is it related to them having a bad host for the server or could it be something else? Since this is the first time i encounter something like this id thought id ask around for some kind of asnwer.

If there is any more info i can provide feel free to ask too, since these are the only relevant infos that popped into my head so far.

Last edited:
is this custom compiled / modified source engine? i had all kinds of issues when i was upgrading/downgrading engines with client side.

Yes it is, but thats the thing, it only happens to me, noone else has the problem and it doesnt matter if i use theyr client or otclient

check if you are using the same one they are; this sounds to me like protocol isn't the same as client version. (otclient allows you to run them regardless different client/protocol, especially if you hardcodded entergame.lua

While it may not be related to client - it is in a way; Issue like that can be made from both client, and/or the server side:
Compare your protocol code with different sources of the same protocol; You may just find that it was either downgraded or upgraded, and verification was simply disabled - or incorrectly upped/downed.

Back