• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Characters being reset after logging out.

Tarien

Reaction score
I've compiled and got the current OTservBR running from this thread:

It works wonderfully, however all characters are being reset to new character stats and outfits if they log out. The error I'm recieving in console is:

Code:
[Error - mysql_real_query] Query: UPDATE `players` SET `level` = 8,`group_id` = 1,`vocation` = 1,`health` = 185,`healthmax` = 185,`experience` = 4200,`lookbody` = 106,`lookfeet` = 76,`lookhead` = 78,`looklegs` = 58,`looktype` = 128,`lookaddons` = 0,`maglevel` = 0,`mana` = 40,`manamax` = 40
Message: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ',`lastlogin` = 1561115244,`lastip` = 16843018,`conditions` = '',`skulltime` = 0' at line 1
[Error - mysql_real_query] Query: UPDATE `players` SET `level` = 8,`group_id` = 1,`vocation` = 1,`health` = 185,`healthmax` = 185,`experience` = 4200,`lookbody` = 106,`lookfeet` = 76,`lookhead` = 78,`looklegs` = 58,`looktype` = 128,`lookaddons` = 0,`maglevel` = 0,`mana` = 40,`manamax` = 40
Message: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ',`lastlogin` = 1561115244,`lastip` = 16843018,`conditions` = '',`skulltime` = 0' at line 1
Error while saving player: Tarien

I have searched for hours looking for which file these errors are coming from with no success at all. Could someone at least point me in the right direction or have some miracle quick fix? I've tried swapping from UniServZ to XAMPP and from ZNoteACC to Gesior to MYACC since I thought they might have something to do with it. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Thank you so much! It honestly blows my mind that you could solve it that quickly. You actually taught me a lot. Thank you!

@rwxsu I have the same issue as OP. I switched out the code you mentioned, re-compiled the server but it's still not able to save my character when I log out. I've done quite a bit of digging and haven't really had any luck. Do you have any other guesses as to what might be causing the server to not save characters?

I used to be seeing that same error in my server console, but now I don't seem to be seeing that anymore... yet it's not saving. :/

EDIT: I was able to figure it out by changing "Save" to 1 instead of 0 in the database for the character and also updating a line in the iologin.cpp file.

Last edited:
Back