• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Suggestion Chat System - Shoutbox

Bica

Reaction score
Asshole? I just argument why we not need it. I'm pretty sure it will not be installed on OTLand.
But of course, let the staff make that decision.
@Cornex I already told you, feel free to not use it.

i'm more than sure that there won't be shoutbox, common sense says it by itself
@Tibiamakers i just made my suggestion like other dudes make their suggestion. If mark agree with the shoutbox thats mean he liked the ideia else if he says no, i wont be mad. Bcus every ideia/suggestion have two sides, a positive and a negative.

Regards,
Bica

We already have an IRC channel feel free to join
#otland at quakenet
tWo0w0f.png

@Cornex I already told you, feel free to not use it.

Bcus every ideia/suggestion have two sides, a positive and a negative.

Yes, every idea has positive and negative sides.
But when we try to bring forward the negatives you just keep saying "Don't use it then".. "You acting like an asshole"..

Well, humans got 2 sides as well. Sometimes 3, even 4. Depends on what disorder.

We already have an IRC channel feel free to join
#otland at quakenet
tWo0w0f.png
@wyzr I knew it that there was a IRC Chat, but this is external "software", IRC Chat is not safe bcus everyone knows your IP [right click in other dude > who is] like the image that i upload here.

xb-_fP.jpg

The shutbox addon can be safe bcus its an internal "software" and can be managed by XenForo engine, there is no ways to find your IP [only who have access to admin panel knows it, but its safe at all]
mHwhdR.jpg

@Cornex since you started reply to my suggestion you bring some disorder, since i'm otland member i know that all suggestions are welcome and if i'm not wrong, there is no new rule that doesnt allow new suggestions.

About this "Don't use it then", you said that you dont want it, so yeh that means that you dont want to innovate / better.

I will keep telling the same, feel free to not use it.

King Regards,
Bica

@wyzr I knew it that there was a IRC Chat, but this is external "software", IRC Chat is not safe bcus everyone knows your IP [right click in other dude > who is] like the image that i upload here.

xb-_fP.jpg

The shutbox addon can be safe bcus its an internal "software" and can be managed by XenForo engine, there is no ways to find your IP [only who have access to admin panel knows it, but its safe at all]
mHwhdR.jpg

@Cornex since you started reply to my suggestion you bring some disorder, since i'm otland member i know that all suggestions are welcome and if i'm not wrong, there is no new rule that doesnt allow new suggestions.

About this "Don't use it then", you said that you dont want it, so yeh that means that you dont want to innovate / better.

I will keep telling the same, feel free to not use it.

King Regards,
Bica

What about "Thanks for your option?.." in stead of "Don't use it then.".. "You act like an asshole"..
You'r welcome to post an suggestion, and i post why I don't want it on the forum.

You act like you gonna post an suggest and everyone who not agree with you act like assholes?
Well, I'm out of here if you can't talk like a grown-up.

Well I never liked the IRC chat, I guess this could be a fun thing to add, but add something that you need x amounts of posts and been a member for x months/years to be able to post, otherwise users will just spam it etc.

Well I never liked the IRC chat, I guess this could be a fun thing to add, but add something that you need x amounts of posts and been a member for x months/years to be able to post, otherwise users will just spam it etc.

Maybe we gonna have more spams on the boards then? If they try to reach the min amount posts. I don't know xD
Well, I must say it could be fun to chat around in OTLand.

If they make a good system for it of course. :)

Maybe we gonna have more spams on the boards then? If they try to reach the min amount posts. I don't know xD

Haha did not think of that :), well still there has to be something that you need to achive before you can post there. Maybe a certin age as I also said might be better in this case?

a shoutbox that only could be used by donators might be a good though thou..
it will keep free-leaches out from it, and people getting banished will stay banised unless they're prepared to pick up their wallet to donate on another account.
Which means Mark would gain cash, for banning people keep coming back :)

@Cornex @WibbenZ no need to worry about the spammers bcus there is always solutions, Mark can also create a secundary group so he can flag them as spammers(permissions can be made to avoid the spammers use it)

What about only premium, developers and support team members.
@wyzr Why not? It will avoid certains members to use it, tbh if Mark agrees with this(to use in public way), i would like to help, but the problem is i'm not premium.

a shoutbox that only could be used by donators might be a good though thou..
it will keep free-leaches out from it, and people getting banished will stay banised unless they're prepared to pick up their wallet to donate on another account.
Which means Mark would gain cash, for banning people keep coming back :)
@LegerianOT shoutbox for privileged users may be a good ideia. And my suggestions is not about to make money.

@LegerianOT shoutbox for privileged users may be a good ideia. And my suggestions is not about to make money.[/quote]
of course not, I didn't mean that, I just mean it would be nice for the donators to have something extra :)

If the chat is strongly moderated and restrictions such as min posts etc I would love to see this on OTLand.
Or we could at least give it a try, if it not works out shut it down?

EDIT: Just saw the post above, and yeah. I agree to have it for premium users only! Nice idea

No need to bump, there is an IRC channel specific for otland, join that chat and you are set to chat with otlanders.
@Siramix i know there is a IRC Chat (external software), but that chat system is not safe, you can read about it in previews post where i "made" a demo about @wyzr ip address.

I made this sugestion bcus the shoutbox is safe to use and there is no leak of our ip address.

Regards,
Bica

Back