• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

China Earthquake 14/04/2010

Reaction score
For those who don't know, there was a sismic movement some hours ago in China. Here is part of the news:

At least 400 people were killed and 10,000 injured early Wednesday after an earthquake of at least 6.9 magnitude hit a mountainous agrarian part of Qinghai Province in northwestern China.

Striking around dawn while many locals were at home, the quake collapsed buildings in Jiegu Township, near the epicenter, trapping hundreds under rubble, Huang Limin, deputy secretary-general of the Yushu Tibetan Autonomous Prefecture, told the state-run Xinhua News Agency.

More than 85 percent of the houses in Jiegu, a town of 100,000 people, were destroyed, Zhuo Huaxia, a prefectural official told Xinhua: "The streets in Jiegu are thronged with panicked, injured people, with many bleeding in the head. Many students are buried under the debris due to building collapse at a vocational school."

The full article is in the source's link.
Source: CSMonitor

Damn, Mother Nature is really pissed at the world.

6.9? Gotta be kidding me.

There was a 7.2 earthquake 1~ week ago, and the death toll was 4, IIRC.

It depends on where it happens. In Mexico City you need more than 7 to simply feel it a bit, but it seems that Asian land is quite sensible to earthquakes. Besides, they die more... because they are more. No offense to Asians.

You have to know the physical terrain of where it happened and how it didn't cause massive destruction.

RIP.

Yes that's correct, if you get an earthquake in a desert you won't really get much damage, but if its in a mountainous region, with many people and homes, then you will get much damage.

OK GUYS I TELL U SOMETHING !
2012 WILL THE EARTH DONE?
K MAN GOGOGOGOGGO PLAY TIBIA TILL 2012 :] hhhahahahahahahahahaha

chill nothing will happend on 2012, are there proofs? Not really no one can tell what will be happen in 2 years,
Regards Tenaria, u guys make me laugh hahahahahaha !!

Back