• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

CipSoft and OpenTibia

Has CipSoft ever had benefits from things made by the Open Tibia community?

• Total voters

Way20

Solutions
Reaction score
We all know the benefits of open source, thats why serious servers run on Linux instead of Windows. Already has passed 20 years since CipSoft launched Tibia first version on 1997, and I think that the Open Tibia community has been around for 13 years or something (correct me if I'm wrong).

I'm just wondering has CipSoft ever had benefits from things made by the Open Tibia community?

fRhhVY0_TtyxYXghBD8QNQ.png

UkROIyi5TcKTZQMjabgr5A.png

OxhDLjv.jpg

Let me know what you think about it.

cipsoft took some things that became very succesfull on ots (like a central hub - yalahar)

but on the other side cipsoft lost ALOT of money because of ot servers... so i'd say they lost out overall but did gain a few things/inspiration from the otservers

I believe the first anti-bot system that was implemented by Cipsoft was developed by some users from Otland.

@Thexamx

I heard about it. It was so long ago so I don't remember all the details but I think it was some of the people behind the server Radonia (e.g Souldrainer, Talaturen/@Mark and someone called Casa~). Supposedly they developed their anti-bot system through OT servers and then sold the solution to Cipsoft.

Edit – I found this old forum post through Google Search. Scroll down to the bottom and a guy writes this:

Dop writes (03-12-2009, 03:07 PM):
I know that talaturen from otland had written an anti-bot system to detect botters. He did this by radonia and it worked. Almost nobody knows how this system works. I tried to bot and saw myself in the bottinglist.. I will ask him for some hints and hope he will tell them;).

I pinged Talaturen so if we're lucky he will come here and clear things up, but chances are that he isn't even allowed to talk about it.

Last edited:
They could have gotten some idéas from OT servers, but most of the OT features already exist in almost every other MMORPG. WoW for example. I doubt we will ever know.
They probably gained a few players thanks to OT tho. I bet some people first discovered and tested Tibia on OT servers and then switched to official. I do not think it's too unlikely.

Back