• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

C++ CipSoft condition damage formula

X X X

Newb
Reaction score
Hello,

Curious if anyone knows what the parameters do for condition damage in the original leaked 7.7 .mon files.

I know how a regular spell works:

Code:
Victim (range, missile, effect) -> Damage (type, base, +/-) : chance

That makes sense for regular attack spells.

What I can't figure out is condition damage. Take bluedjinn.mon for example. One of a blue djinn's attacks is giving you an electrified condition. This causes the target to take 75 energy damage over 3 turns (25, 25, 25).

The "code" for this spell in bluedjinn.mon is this:

Code:
Victim (7, 5, 0) -> Damage (128, 70, 20) : 3

I understand every number except the 70 and 20. I can't think of a way that those numbers relate to the actual behavior...3x turns of 25 damage?

I've read through the various posts that "translate" the various parts of the old .mon files, and I can find everything except for this. Has anyone figured out these parameters? Or is it just super obvious and I'm missing it?

Thanks

well 3 ticks of 25 makes sense, since it can range between 50-90 damage?, altho i was able to get 100 damage (4 ticks)

energy = 11 , poison = 4, fire = 9 seconds wait per tick

no idea about the formula, also curious how it works for the other condition types aswell

Last edited:
Back