• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Client convertor!

Dyabl0

Dyablo
Solutions
Reaction score
I would like to know if there's any client converter or a easier way to do. What I want to do is changing the client version 8.60 to 8.0, which is custom client, having the NPC channel, Trade window shop and more features! Please let me know by posting below.

Thanks for your quick-answer. I have written above it's custom client, but I have NO clue how to do that way, I want everything same as on 8.6 but in 8.0 client, I don't want any sprites. All I am interested is in having those main features (INSIDE CLIENT) like NPC channel, trade window system and more if possible (war system). I don't know how to downgrade...

I think you have to change your server to be able to listen to 8.6 client,
then you use the 8.6 client for your server

(you just keep the data and features from 8.0 and dont put the new ones from 8.6, only the ones you want)

I think that is the way to go

Best way is maybe take 8.6 server distro and remove all items/monsters and stuff that you dont want and is from above 8.0

That way you have 8.6 client features, but your server will be like playing 8.0

you can use the convert client but to compile it
https://otland.net/threads/open-tibia-framework-c.234693/

Thanks for suggestion. I have already used Client Converter from there, didn't help me at all. The dat/spr which it ask for, it has to be lower than 4096 sprites, or it won't convert. As you know, after 7.6 Tibia had more than 15k sprites.

I think you have to change your server to be able to listen to 8.6 client,
then you use the 8.6 client for your server

(you just keep the data and features from 8.0 and dont put the new ones from 8.6, only the ones you want)

I think that is the way to go

Best way is maybe take 8.6 server distro and remove all items/monsters and stuff that you dont want and is from above 8.0

That way you have 8.6 client features, but your server will be like playing 8.0

It can be a good option, but I'm pretty much fine with the current distro, and I cannot just leave it now. So that's why I wanted to know how to put those features or change the client!

If you're planning on starting your own server, then the smartest alternative would not be to go for the quickest or easiest one as you learn nothing by doing so. Start from the ground and put in some work and effort into what you're trying to accomplish and the final product will be something way better.

Thanks for suggestion. I have already used Client Converter from there, didn't help me at all. The dat/spr which it ask for, it has to be lower than 4096 sprites, or it won't convert. As you know, after 7.6 Tibia had more than 15k sprites.

It can be a good option, but I'm pretty much fine with the current distro, and I cannot just leave it now. So that's why I wanted to know how to put those features or change the client!

ClientConverter needs so that has 4k sprites? I use it in version 10.76 to 10.90 over 200k sprite and it worked

ClientConverter needs so that has 4k sprites? I use it in version 10.76 to 10.90 over 200k sprite and it worked

Weird, since when I tried doing it showed me that, I'll show you in a second.

EDIT: There you go:
XVppZYK.png

This means 8.60 doesn't have more than 4k sprites? I don't believe so.

Weird, since when I tried doing it showed me that, I'll show you in a second.

EDIT: There you go:
XVppZYK.png

This means 8.60 doesn't have more than 4k sprites? I don't believe so.
strange that there never happened to me, the image :
O0n1f2a.jpg

@edit:try using a newer version of the client convert.

Last edited:
Client Converter works only for 10.57+
Just open your 8.60 on the Object Builder and compile it as 8.00

[edit]

Also, you need to downgrade the server version or use a server that supports the protocol 8.00

you dont need to change your distro just edit it

I know it has nothing to do with distro, but I've go no clue how to make it customized. I want to keep main stuff like NPC channel, trade window and such from 8.6 to 8.0

Client Converter works only for 10.57+
Just open your 8.60 on the Object Builder and compile it as 8.00

[edit]

Also, you need to downgrade the server version or use a server that supports the protocol 8.00

Yes, I figured this out last night trying with almost all versions near 9.6-10.4x and it worked above 10.3 or so.
Then I made one by using Object Builder, didn't work properly and in the end I got the .exe working. What then? It's now what I was looking for, it just changed the graphics and sprites, but all the rest is same as 8.0 (since I took the .exe from normal 8.0 tibia file), I don't know where are those main features located at (Trade Window Shop, NPC Channel...)

Back