• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Client preference (OTClient vs. Latest)

Which client would you prefer to use?

• Custom OTClient

Votes: 46 71.9%
  • Latest Tibia client

Votes: 18 28.1%

• Total voters

Evan

A splendid one to behold
Senator
Premium User
Solutions
Reaction score
Which client would you prefer to use?
  • The latest Tibia client
  • OTClient
The reason why I made this poll is to know whether people would prefer
to download a custom OTClient or use the latest Tibia client to play a server.

Woopsie
I missclicked, meant to chose OTC ofc :D So -1 real + 1 OTC

Summ, I'd like your opinion since I assume you have more experience with OTC.

Let's say you have a server that supports the latest Tibia client, but you make it impossible for them to use that Tibia client.
And force them to download your custom OTC. How likely are people willing to do this?

I just generally hate the idea of forcing people to download a client to play a server, I feel like it'd be a complete interest turn-off.

EDIT: I shouldn't say support latest Tibia client, I meant to say has latest Tibia features/content

Last edited:
Well if a server offers both clients, I myself would chose to download OTC, that's what I meant.

If I would develop a server project I do not like the idea of excluding one client totally aswell.
I would do it so both clients can be used, but OTC would probably have a cool interface for newer features.

I'd recommend any server owner to use the regular client, but have an option to download a custom client. You don't want to force players to download stuff. Once your server has built a solid reputation, pushing the usage of your custom client will be much easier.

Thanks J.Dre and Summ, both valid and valuable feedback.

I would put a message telling my players that they'll have a better experience by using OTC, but they could still play the server with the Tibia client.

It depends on the server's needs. I, as a player, have already stopped using CIPsoft client. I am always using otclient, unless the server has a custom client of it's own, then I just go find a new server. xD. But seriously, OTclient stomps CIPsoft client so hard it's unfair to use CIPsoft client.

Peace out,
Zum~

Using cipsoft's client, as otclient feels kinda 'raw' for me, different moving(slower, with bigger delays), not perfect animations or so. Or I just need to get used to it, not sure tho.

Depends what kind of server you are making Evan. If its a custom server which requires to download a client. Then i suggest to use OTClient, but if you dont need to download client then use only Tibia Client. Since people nowadays sticks to tibia client.

I was just seeing what people are willing to do. If a bunch of people do not mind downloading OTC,
then I would use it to bypass some client limitations that currently exist in the Tibia clients.

OTClient. Because you can do anything with it. Of i ever finish my project it shall be otclient only. If they really want to play they will download. Since they ha to download cipsofts to play cipsofts tibia.. Besides i wont care about gettin a high volume playerbase or not. It is down to your preference but honestly.. If players are forced to use otclient then they will.

My OTC experience is that WHENEVER I change something, the whole fucking client is completly fucked up. Nthx. Latest client.

My OTC experience is that WHENEVER I change something, the whole fucking client is completly fucked up. Nthx. Latest client.

Yea it is probably completely OTC's fault. There is no way you did anything wrong editing it.
and if should be a problem with OTC there is page for bug issues.

Like some people said before, it depends of the server, because if its a custom server with modified dat and spr files you will need to download it, i vote for OTClient, is less archaic than cipsoft client, but if you dont need any custom to play the server i wont download anything, i think that is bad to make players download things unless is strictly necessary to play

Yea it is probably completely OTC's fault. There is no way you did anything wrong editing it.
and if should be a problem with OTC there is page for bug issues.

In case of that It would be my fault. I know many AMAZING developers like Admin Death and Slirpa(xagul) not touching OTC cause its still broken as fuck.

I love the OT client project, and would really love to see more people use it.

BUT, if the server doesn't have different sprites or any setting options than the traditional client, there is no reason to use the OTC.

With the OTC, there is so much we can do with it, such as removing awful 'additions' to the client such as ambient light, aimbot style hotkeys, and even lesser things like the exp bars.. and hey, not even going to lie, there was a big deal about the exp bars being added into the game when they were added, alot of people felt it removed the 'achievement' feeling of leveling or skilling up, and made the game more 'power game focused'.. and I do feel the additions of the exp bars really helped motivate people to play just to gain exp, rather than play for the roleplaying feel..

and you can add in additional skill bars for 'custom' skills bars, and really go all out with gathering and crafting skills..

But.. most times when I see the OTC client being used, there is just a hand full of sprites added in, and almost no actual client changes (outside of the minimap features that were added in by default for the OTC).. so much potential with it, and very little being done :(

- - - Updated - - -

In case of that It would be my fault. I know many AMAZING developers like Admin Death and Slirpa(xagul) not touching OTC cause its still broken as fuck.

Death messed around a bit with the OTC a couple months back in the really raw alpha 'XDC' project, but he really didn't do anything to it that the traditional client didn't have.

Xagulz has expressed interest in using it, so he could update to the newest client verison (as a base), but peoples mass love of elfbot stops him from doing that.

Last edited:
Back