• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Solved Client spamming MAP files

D

Deleted 224045

How to stop the client from making MAP files in the client folder?

Attachments

Solution
Hex edit the client and set a folder where it wants to pull maps from.

For example:
bf2fe6s.png

If you're not experienced with reverse-engineering you probably wont understand what you're doing, here's a good book for you: "Reverse Engineering for Beginners" free book

Kindest Regards,
Okke
The english version of this book I didn't find on this site so I searched for an alternative and came across the source of this book which @Okke linked to.
This is the github link
GitHub - DennisYurichev/RE-for-beginners: "Reverse Engineering for Beginners" free book
So i decided to write a shell script so you could compile it yourself on linux. :)
C++:
#!/bin/bash

# language either EN for english or all for everything else
L='EN'

# update the system
sudo apt-get update

# install the required packages
sudo apt-get install -y texlive-latex-base texlive-binaries texlive-xetex texlive-generic-extra texlive-generic-recommended texlive-latex-extra texlive-latex-recommended texlive-science latex-xcolor lmodern fonts-lmodern fonts-liberation fonts-droid-fallback texlive-fonts-recommended texlive-fonts-extra

# clone the repository
git clone --recursive https://github.com/DennisYurichev/RE-for-beginners.git

# change to the directory with the sources
cd RE-for-beginners

# create a temporary directory
mkdir ./temp

# compile to the temp directory
make $L > "$PWD/temp/null"

# this isn't really needed
# rm -rf ./temp 

# copy the pdf out the directory
cp "RE4B-$L.pdf" ../

# remove the sources
cd ../ && rm -rf ./RE-for-beginners
Just save it as createpdf.sh file, then chmod it.
Code:
chmod +x createpdf.sh
Then execute it.
Code:
./createpdf.sh
Or you can just download the pdf :)

Attachments

Last edited:
Back