• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[CLOSED] Poll: Bot Detection System(s): What do you think?

What do you think of this system?

• It's a good idea. This will help deter botting.

• It may be helpful, as long as it does not interfere too often.

• May be helpful, but I don't know enough about the system to give you a good answer.

• It's not a good idea. I'll explain why below.

• I don't know. Good luck, though.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds to me like you are trying to convince yourself more of this "new system" then you are anyone else, just build it, use it or release it, no need for a discussion on the matter.

I am against the use of bot to level up without needing to be active

May I ask exactly what bots are doing/most people are using them for nowadays?
My question is due to low knowledge.

My understanding is that you can basicly do everything but mostly used for:
-auto hunt to gain lvls and cash
-auto heal with x pot/spell if reach below x hp

Anything else?
What are the general basic settings most kids adjust?

Maybe we'll find a way to make these settings low handy by messing up the main systems for them. :)

Kind Regards,
Eldin.

May I ask exactly what bots are doing/most people are using them for nowadays?
My question is due to low knowledge.

My understanding is that you can basicly do everything but mostly used for:
-auto hunt to gain lvls and cash
-auto heal with x pot/spell if reach below x hp

Anything else?
What are the general basic settings most kids adjust?

Maybe we'll find a way to make these settings low handy by messing up the main systems for them. :)

Kind Regards,
Eldin.

They have path finding, depositors, refilling supplies, etc. all motions required for cave-botting (100% AFK). Some auto-target and shoot in PVP as well. There are also timed shots (combo) and healing of team members. Most of the bots for the latest clients offer a very high level of freedom when it comes to functionality.

The bot is actually playing the game from what I hear. Sounds fun, uhm... :eek:

Kind Regards,
Eldin

The bot is actually playing the game from what I hear. Sounds fun, uhm... :eek:

Kind Regards,
Eldin

Yes, that's exactly what it does: plays for you. It is literally capable of doing everything necessary to play, even messaging to tell those whom ask if you're botting that you aren't. :p This requires us to think outside the box when it comes to catching botters. And that's exactly what I plan to do behind the scenes, so that it doesn't interfere with game-play.

Appreciate the votes! Keep 'em coming. ;)

Last edited:
It's very difficult to stop botters from :botting:. Why ?
  • Because if you can make a lua or c++ code to prevent using bot also botters ( 60 % of them) can make scripts to prevent this system.

I assure it's creative idea, but you should adapt to the bots which also uses the same lua or c++ code that you use to stop them( XenoBot for example).
Also if you said you can use custom client, there is 5 % of botters can edit the bot to adapt the the new client.

think outside the box
Sensible words. I agree on it. I wish you have a very interesting idea.

Why instead of punishing botters, you give the players a reason to not use it?
I remember a highrate server that gave players 20% more exp if they used the custom lient of the ot and it would update every 2-3 days or so

I remember a highrate server that gave players 20% more exp if they used the custom lient of the ot and it would update every 2-3 days or so

Our custom client will have its benefits.

Just to clarify: This system does not punish. We haven't decided how to handle botters at this time.

Thanks for voting & discussing. Send me a PM if you have questions. ;)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back