• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Programmer Closed thread, too old and not useful anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Addams

OTMadness.com OTSes Services
Staff member
Board Moderator
Solutions
Reaction score
Closed thread, too old and not useful anymore.

Last edited:
Uhm.. why not ask for the fix already? I mean diagnostic is most of the job anyway.... unless the implementation is such a mess that you need to redo the whole project :p
You should also post enough of the files to show what kind of scripts we're going up against, otherwise I can just give you my rate now:

I'll do it for 30 USD an hour. You pay at the start of the first hour for an hour's time, then 30 mins upfront the second hour (15 and 15), then each 15 minutes upfront (7.5 x 4) and from the 4th hour you pay the proportional that for the nearest 5 minute mark that was consumed of the hour (if it is done within it) or as each subsequent hour passes. :)

Last edited:
You are old member, But you are not active one. You have too low post number so I prefer using a trusted middleman of our choice or not paying you upfront till you find 1 of the lag/crash causes I believe there is more than one and I just want to lower the price as much as possible so I will just ask for the line/location of the error/loop which cause lag/crash and how players are using it in-game so I can try to edit it. if that won't lower the price too much then I can just pay for the edit/fix else.

Thanks for your concern.

Yup, you're right, I was around when the first OTServers went out and I contributed under the name "BurnMc" back at otserv.net. I actually self-learned programming from them when I was still very young, and which ended landing me on a top tech firm. OTland was not very popular back then and I just wanted to download global maps which were posted here but banned on otserv.net, hence the name!

This account was the only thing I had left from around that time. The recent thing that brought me back what when I found out they had finally released RealOts which I knew was a copy of the gameworld I played back then, on 2006 :D

Ontopic, I'm not really interested in the pay, I was trying to make a point in which the rate depends on the complexity of the job and the information given is not enough to assess that imo, but true, there are a few ways to make it safe for both sides :)

Last edited:
You are old member, But you are not active one. You have too low post number so I prefer using a trusted middleman of our choice or not paying you upfront till you find 1 of the lag/crash causes I believe there is more than one and I just want to lower the price as much as possible so I will just ask for the line/location of the error/loop which cause lag/crash and how players are using it in-game so I can try to edit it. if that won't lower the price too much then I can just pay for the edit/fix else.

Thanks for your concern.
I find this funny, you joined on Saturday and only have 6 posts. Suspicious nah?

Last edited:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back