• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Cloudflare and SSL question

ralke

(҂ ͠❛ ෴ ͡❛)ᕤ
Solutions
Reaction score
GitHub
ralke23
Twitch
ralke23
Hi, I need some support with this, I bought a domain .cl and redirect it to the ip of my server vps like the image, then I get an SSL certification but the problem is that if the hostname (greedot.cl) when the certification is active dont allow me to upload the server to otservlist.org (it says the server is currently offline) and dont let me connect with ip changer. The other way I did is to have a CNAME without proxy and thats working... But I dont want it to be like that, I need that players can connect with greedot.cl which is with Proxy..

redirect.png

So the question is, how I can be able to allow connections to my hostname with having SSL activated.. If I didnt explain well please tell me and I'll answer anything, thanks in advance...

Regards,
ralke

Hi, I need some support with this, I bought a domain .cl and redirect it to the ip of my server vps like the image, then I get an SSL certification but the problem is that if the hostname (greedot.cl) when the certification is active dont allow me to upload the server to otservlist.org (it says the server is currently offline) and dont let me connect with ip changer. The other way I did is to have a CNAME without proxy and thats working... But I dont want it to be like that, I need that players can connect with greedot.cl which is with Proxy..

View attachment 39662

So the question is, how I can be able to allow connections to my hostname with having SSL activated.. If I didnt explain well please tell me and I'll answer anything, thanks in advance...

Regards,
ralke

SSL certificate should be generated automatically. The best way is to enable ssl on your http server too so you download "Cloudflare edge certificates" and set them on your server. After that you can set SSL mode to "strict" and only https connection will be allowed.

View attachment 39662

Regards,
ralke
You cannot use Cloudflare for gameserver.

You cannot use Cloudflare for gameserver.
Actually, you can, using WebSockets. I've tried it and it worked pretty good but had some lag spikes every 10-20sec, probably due to they don't use NoDelay option for TCP connections.

Solution
Actually, you can, using WebSockets. I've tried it and it worked pretty good but had some lag spikes every 10-20sec, probably due to they don't use NoDelay option for TCP connections.
Oh really? Didnt knew it before :p but still its not something that he really wants to achieve

Basically all Hosting Services offer a pretty strong DDoS protection already that is enough for any OT by far. So no need to use Cloudflare for that.
As for the SSL Cert, here is a simple tutorial on how to do it without Cloudflare.

thanks for all comments, all of you helped me ^^

Basically all Hosting Services offer a pretty strong DDoS protection already that is enough for any OT by far. So no need to use Cloudflare for that.
As for the SSL Cert, here is a simple tutorial on how to do it without Cloudflare.

any way to do this on windows server? im really not familiar to linux, ubuntu, others..

i guess that doing on cloudflare is the way to do this with windows server, thanks for all the comments i can say this questions is solved ^^ i will explore the answer of gunzodus and see if i can find another solutions, sorry for double posting, marked gunzodus answer as best answer =)

Back