• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Coding Help

Tokiyn

Reaction score
I’ve played Tibia for as long as I can remember and just recently I’ve decided to take the Python and JS ( Knowing that’s most likely not the coding language for Tibia) and try to take it to working on servers or making my own for fun on the side. I was hoping a few people could help me learn or kind of be there as people I can ask for help if needed. Pretty much wanting to learn the newest patch for tibia possible for OTs.

my discord is: tokiyn#0001

Even tho most probably won’t thanks at least for
reading my post ❤️. Also sorry if this type of post isn’t allowed in this section of the forum.

Python and JS are both fun languages in my opinion, and are capable of creating a tibia like game with some time and ingenuity.

But! If you want to learn how to work with what we have most readily available here on OTLand and work on your own OTs, then what you want is lua and c++

If you go this route, start with lua... scripting is MUCH simpler than programming, and you can script just about anything you want to do with ots if you are clever enough :)

And then when you run across something you want to do that you just cant do with lua, dive head first into c++. The learning curve is huge and there is LOTS to learn, but if you can get over the initial curve you'll be surprised at what you can accomplish with minimal coding!

Python and JS are both fun languages in my opinion, and are capable of creating a tibia like game with some time and ingenuity.

But! If you want to learn how to work with what we have most readily available here on OTLand and work on your own OTs, then what you want is lua and c++

If you go this route, start with lua... scripting is MUCH simpler than programming, and you can script just about anything you want to do with ots if you are clever enough :)

And then when you run across something you want to do that you just cant do with lua, dive head first into c++. The learning curve is huge and there is LOTS to learn, but if you can get over the initial curve you'll be surprised at what you can accomplish with minimal coding!

Thank you so much! I have been looking at a book that someone wrote here on OTLand about lua and learning a lot. Just wanna find a way to put these into practice! :)

Yes! I have personally come a really long way on the C++ side of things.... but I enjoy lua a lot more due to its simplicity, yet power, so I tend to do most everything that I can in lua... even if its not the "best" way to do things :D

C++ seems like such a chore to me lol

Back