• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Collision System

Printer

if Printer then print("LUA") end
Senator
Premium User
Solutions
Reaction score
Hello,

I've seen many have requested this system: http://otland.net/threads/collision-system.225567/

So i'm on my way making one for TFS 1.x

7DLUlCx.gif

Last edited:
I like it, Though I always secretly wish that we could make Projectiles physical things, and have them have ACTUAL collision rather than simulated collision.

But, I guess as long as it feels the same for players it's fine :).
Great work.

I like it, Though I always secretly wish that we could make Projectiles physical things, and have them have ACTUAL collision rather than simulated collision. I thougt about making that big collision cause area damage to all xD Or something on that style :D

But, I guess as long as it feels the same for players it's fine :).
Great work.
I agree on that :D
Can you explain for what this system is? I dont understand it ; o
If two players shoot spells and they go across eachother. Then instead of dealing damage, they would colide :p

WRONG SECTION.

This should be in the code section, if you are going to make a thread like this, at least give it some followup ideas for others to develop or look into

WRONG SECTION.

This should be in the code section, if you are going to make a thread like this, at least give it some followup ideas for others to develop or look into

I believe you are way off buddy. This is discussion, and almost anything can go in here that isn't feedback or actually truely belongs somewhere else. He was only showing off his system, this is the most appropriate section, seeing as how there isn't any code pasted anywhere on this thread.

Again... what you're doing will be used for sure and im glad for every system and unique script that you are creating Printer.

Kind Regards,
Eldin.

i would like to see the effects struggle for a real and system that there could be a winner between players, and something for monster versus player i would def. pay for it

Sorry, i do not have the code anymore.

Well since i lost the old one, i took intresst to make new one and play bit around.

What features i consider to add:
  • Strength of the spell (In this case, if a spell is stronger than other one. (It should either block it or just go through the spell.)
  • Store spell type and strength.
  • Make the code newbie friendly.
  • Optimize it (Even tho you see the spell on the screen, it's just 50 lines of code, but still messy.)
What features it already have:
  • A Creature can block the spell from colide on the target (in this case to save a friend.)
  • If someone block two creatures spell from colide. That creature will take damage from both spells, but saved alot of other ones around him.
  • When the spell colide eachother cause explosion (in this case you decide how big the colision should be.

Collision is fine for same spells maybe for example there are many elements
Fire, Ice, Earth, Energy, Death, Physical, Holy

We could assume there is a weakness to every element. If that is the case then
Fire>Earth>Energy>Ice Then you have Death Holy and Physical. Physical can be a set value where Death and Holy while different shouldn't be weaknesses to each other, just more like opposing forces.

So shooting an ability into a strength a weakness or a neutral would have an effect. For this example im going to use the base number 2. The magnitude of the explosion would be represented by a number that is either larger smaller or the same. And the last number set is who is affected and how badly example death 2/ holy 2 The following is 2 spells being shot at each other.

Fire 2 + Fire 2 = Fire 4 / Fire 4
Mass explosion hurts both parties/you could cancel them both out/or mass explosion and players take no dmg but everything else does. The last one could be exploited to hunt
Earth 2 + Fire 2 = Fire 4 / 0
Here the fire is the stronger source so it gets stronger and does more damage to the player shooting earth
Energy 2 + Fire 2 = Energy 0 / Fire 0
Since they are neither strong or weak to each other they could cancel each other out or explode but since they aren't the same they couldn't combine for a stronger dmg of the same type like the first example
Ice 2 + Fire 2 = same as fire and earth example but the fire takes more ice dmg

This is just my thoughts on the spell collision and I believe I have seen something like this already if your interested in looking into it I can tell you where.

I always like stuff like this.

With my updated OTClient I can give Projectiles movement speed.

Meaning, I can slow a projectile down, and give it AI with a little bit of trickery.

I could probably also make collision... I might try it today. :)

I'll make a video and show how it works if I get it working.

My idea of a collision would be to store a damage data on a tile text attribute. (damage data = element, msTime, damageID)
And every time you shoot it loads up the tile data's it will pass and if msTime is bigger and not more than 200 milliseocnds bigger collision would happen. Which would also move the upcoming effects and damages by its ID beyond the collision point.

Idk did I make sense, but that would be my version of collision in Whi World.

HAHa nevermind.. It was printers old one I saw a vid of and didn't realize it.. I just checked.. it looked awesome, sad you lost it

My idea of a collision would be to store a damage data on a tile text attribute. (damage data = element, msTime, damageID)
And every time you shoot it loads up the tile data's it will pass and if msTime is bigger and not more than 200 milliseocnds bigger collision would happen. Which would also move the upcoming effects and damages by its ID beyond the collision point.

Idk did I make sense, but that would be my version of collision in Whi World.

It would work, I don't like editing item attributes that often though.

You have to send an item attribute request to TFS every time and it has to change the item to have that attribute.
Plus, you have to have a different attribute for each player (or even each player spell cast) to determine who casted what and where it is.

The way I plan to do it (Later today once I get home) is to simply make a global table that keeps track of each Projectile in play. Before a projectile moves to the next square, it will check and see if any other projectile is currently occupying that square (by doing a simple table search in LUA).

Then of course, make sure you remove each projectile from the table when it is removed (hits it's target, or explodes, or is intercepted, etc)

But aren't most projectiles timed? What im saying is if we both stand 5 sqm apart and just hotkey SD and shoot them then both would shoot at same time right? What about chain explosions? Would that be possible?

2 players "A & B" standing next to each other shoot an ability.. lets say SD for example and they are targeting someone 5sqm away, player "C". Attack A is in front of attack B. Attack A hits Attack C and the explosion then hits attack B causing a "secondary explosion".

Would this be possible? I mean I know its a collision thread and the possibilities on what is actually possible is endless and this just has a lot of cool possibilities going thru my head. A lot of cool things can be done.

Back