• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Community Project Server

Just to let you know and provide a little support. This is astounding to me as a player. I am looking forward to this work. What an amazing idea!!!

I like the idea but with people playing your server how will you provide updates while people are currently online making progress with what is currently available to them?

With this type of project will you let people play from the beginning or will you wait til you decide you have enough content?
I am looking forward to this and am hoping this will be open to players as soon as possible. My hope is that it won't come with a beta tag but instead a disclaimer explaining that it is a work in progress forever as something the OT community will always be working on infinitely. Tibia is a infinite level game and it is only right that some type of project like this comes out.

This is exactly the type of thing the community needs and I hope the management in this team can provide the players exactly what is needed to continue interest in this game.

We will probably leave the server open to the public the entire time, the Test Server will be "developers only"

Hello Everyone,
I had an idea to help bring otland community together a bit.

I would like to start a OT Server where development is open to everyone.

Basically, instead of people applying for "jobs" they would present "ideas".
Examples of how it would work:
First of all, the entire server will be open to the public on github, and there would be a test-server and a live-server online at all times, and the server folder would be synced to a dropbox (so we could sync the files live to all people currently working on the server, and to protect the files from being destroyed, deleted, or people losing work.)

If someone presents a Map, Script, Feature, or Idea and it gets approval, it will be added to the test server, after testing is complete on a feature it would be moved to the live server.

Also, I would be happy to pay for Hosting of the server and website. As well as help manage the project and help anyone that needs it.
Let me know if you think this is an interesting idea, and if you think you would like to help develop a community based server.
Here is an idea that would worl and doesnt require that much time, basicay we make an OT based on time, what do i mean? for example we take the city of Thais, make it all surrounded by water, also the city flooded with water so in order to move to other building we go theough the roof which they have bridges connecting each building (this is good for war, lots of traps) and then we make pure npc missions and quest, and important quest could be coming back to the past to take something, steal, change history, and then come back ( i mean come back to the past by the npc will teleport you to the past to do so) ( or we can make like a "time machine that basically teleports you) from there we could male a good story drama and we could make people actually follow the story since we will have limited areas for hunting we will have to do missions in order to unblock more

Here is an idea that would worl and doesnt require that much time, basicay we make an OT based on time, what do i mean? for example we take the city of Thais, make it all surrounded by water, also the city flooded with water so in order to move to other building we go theough the roof which they have bridges connecting each building (this is good for war, lots of traps) and then we make pure npc missions and quest, and important quest could be coming back to the past to take something, steal, change history, and then come back ( i mean come back to the past by the npc will teleport you to the past to do so) ( or we can make like a "time machine that basically teleports you) from there we could male a good story drama and we could make people actually follow the story since we will have limited areas for hunting we will have to do missions in order to unblock more

Sorry I would rather not make any of the RL Tibia Map, you could of course map out a sunken city, just make it from scratch, that way you can make much cooler stuff. (Tibia's map if you haven't noticed is actually really boring, people just like it because it is familiar)

Sorry I would rather not make any of the RL Tibia Map, you could of course map out a sunken city, just make it from scratch, that way you can make much cooler stuff. (Tibia's map if you haven't noticed is actually really boring, people just like it because it is familiar)
yeah thats the point, people are not playing completly new maps because they are SCARE, scare of something new that they dont know, thats why the project EVOLUTIONS failed, i mean it failed because the original map was simple but people didnt wanna walk and find things, so what was successful form the evo was the TELEPORTS, and thats why the evo of teleports was completly SUCCESSFUL, peole dont want to find new things, thats why the RL Map is so played... is so sad.

Anything new, happening :D?

Edit: Didn't read latest posts pm'd Sportacus.

Last edited:
Gonna bump this, feel like this is a good thing, that should not be pushd under the rug...
One thing, don't allow variables to be b.xd. If you are more then 1 scripter, it has to be good coded. Make strict rules about adding scripts..
And some guy said "hope its not over 8.0", I would prefer if its 10.30 >, based on TFS 1.0. BUT remove the cooldown system, so 8.6 spell system, but 10.x spirites etc.

Also @Summ maybe this will grow to a certin point that Mark lets us use something.otland.net. Would also attract more players I think.. xD

Hope this will come true, start the github and lets make this happen :)
WibbenZ

I am so waiting for it! Just lets get started!

Here a little idea of me how we could maintain things:
All people who want to contribute can so so, however there is made a daily backup of the files.
The new content of all of us would be either daily checked and realesed or weekly checked and realesed depending on how many no-troll people we have who can be trusted with this.
What we also could do is to make a teleport/boat npc to an island named by the Otland member.
So in the end everybody would maintain his/her own island and just sending in scripts and updates for it. Therefor noone would interfer with each others plans and we got a shit lot of different islands filled with different ideas and quests.
Of course we need a maintown which is redirecting to the other islands.
Maybee some people want their islands to be only visited by higher levels, so the teleport/boatnpc leads the player to a quest where at the end access to the island is granted.
Regards,
Damon

Last edited:
I've been waiting finished my holiday yesterday a lot of people could have helped over the Holidays :)

Interesting... wouldn't mind getting involved in something like this and see what can we get.

Back