• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Compilation Otcv8 - OpenAL32

alejandro762

Reaction score
I'm facing an error that I tried to resolve, but as soon as I resolve one, a new one appears.

I'm trying to Compile Otcv8 Under Visual studio 2019,

Easy until here, vcpkg folder is linked, extract, boostrap, integrate, then install all dependencies.
But when pressing compile an Error about OpenAL32
This error remember me the crypto error, that was a corrupted lib file, and just replacing it will work, but.. here..

View attachment 78801

Checked on terminal (i am using windows) vcpkg list and they are here installed.
I Find many posts here on otland, like create an vcpkg.json link a manifest, others change here, there...
Has anyone encountered the same problem?

Edit:

I Solve the problem, i contact a friend on discord who give me from DirectX folder compiled, the openAL32 obj, that give the possibility to compile without problems.

Last edited:
I had the same problem... I solved by openning with Visual Studio 2022 and updating the project

The github page of tutorial is not up to date , last vcpkg is for the last server project not for tfs 1.4, so you need Check the release date of TFS and select 1/2 month earlier the vcpkg release , and not the last one. It will work.

Back