• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Compile Error

Stylez

Reaction score
Hi All,

Trying to compile nostalrius and I get this error any idea how to resolve?

1657125433383.png

Hi All,

Trying to compile nostalrius and I get this error any idea how to resolve?

View attachment 69100
you didnt link your includes properly or not at all. The compiler is looking for that file in the path you specificed (or forgot to/didnt do). Theirs a bunch of guides around on compiling TFS and how to to link librarys properly.

Visual Studio version? Do you link libraries manually or using vcpkg?
Got vs17 and 22, I linked them with vcpkg a while ago, do i need to link the libraries everytime I compile?

I'm using the code Don posted what set sup all the server files on your dedicated server, I got a modified version of the schema that works with nostalrius so the website works (few bugs) but all fixable, can make a character and log in. Then trying to compile the server which I downloaded from Ezzz, I started a compile yesterday but gave up then tried again today but with a fresh version of nostalrius (thought the libraries stay linked?).

Basically I'm settling with Nostalrius, I really wanted to run a version of tibia a real 7.4 map, with relevant sprites, using a OTCV8 client that runs a downgraded 7.72 version I believe people said to use. I mean if you can help with that I'll pay you haha iv had a dedicated server for about a week now and can't get past having the website up and running 😭 I try to follow tutorials and cant seem to get anything to work.

do i need to link the libraries everytime I compile?
If you're using vcpkg then you don't need to link anything, Just remove anything you've linked it's supposed to link automatically.
Should work with 2017/2019 I've tested before, You've had any errors during installing vcpkg libraries? any missing libraries?
(thought the libraries stay linked?)
Yes, They should stay linked unless you tried to link them yourself.
Try deleting vcpkg folder and reinstall it then when you run the solution it will ask you to retarget project just cancel it.
I've compiled it before, I can do it for you in a few hours if you're still failing.
if you can help with that I'll pay you
Create a job thread, Someone may take the job.

If you're using vcpkg then you don't need to link anything, Just remove anything you've linked it's supposed to link automatically.
Should work with 2017/2019 I've tested before, You've had any errors during installing vcpkg libraries? any missing libraries?

Yes, They should stay linked unless you tried to link them yourself.
Try deleting vcpkg folder and reinstall it then when you run the solution it will ask you to retarget project just cancel it.
I've compiled it before, I can do it for you in a few hours if you're still failing.

Create a job thread, Someone may take the job.
I'll give it a go see if I can do it myself but if your happy to and able to compile it for me it would be a huuuuge help 😊 I'd owe you big time! :)
Post automatically merged:

just realised my server is running linux so do i need to compile differently?

Last edited:
just realised my server is running linux so do i need to compile differently?
You can run the .exe there using wine but for the better just compile it, Follow one of the tutorials here based on which distro you're using.

Back