• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Compiling Compile issues

morkmor

Reaction score
Hey, i tried compiling a otclient but it wont work, i tried 2013, 2015, 2017, 2019 visual without success, i tried adding libraries and includes as well but i am fairly sure i am doing something wrong but i think i am too close to the issue to figure it out.
Would greatly appreaciate some help getting it working.

I got teamviewer avalible if you want to take a look, add me on discord weeb_lord#9635 or pm me on forums

P.S i have read all the guides and watched videos, i am used to compiling wow servers which is simila, i honestly think i am just blindly missing the issue atm.

Errors i am getting are the following.

Code:
Severity    Code    Description    Project    File    Line    Suppression State
Error    C1083    Cannot open include file: 'lua.hpp': No such file or directory    otclient    C:\vcpkg\otclient\src\framework\luaengine\luainterface.cpp    27   
Error    C1083    Cannot open include file: 'lua.h': No such file or directory    otclient    C:\vcpkg\otclient\src\framework\luaengine\lbitlib.cpp    36

Last edited:
Solution
Hey, i tried compiling a otclient but it wont work, i tried 2013, 2015, 2017, 2019 visual without success, i tried adding libraries and includes as well but i am fairly sure i am doing something wrong but i think i am too close to the issue to figure it out.

I got teamviewer avalible if you want to take a look, add me on discord weeb_lord#9635 or pm me on forums

P.S i have read all the guides and watched videos, i am used to compiling wow servers which is simila, i honestly think i am just blindly missing the issue atm.

Code:
Error    C1083    Cannot open...

Code:
Error    C1083    Cannot open include file: 'lua.hpp': No such file or directory    otclient    C:\vcpkg\otclient\src\framework\luaengine\luainterface.cpp    27  
Error    C1083    Cannot open include file: 'lua.h': No such file or directory    otclient    C:\vcpkg\otclient\src\framework\luaengine\lbitlib.cpp    36

Solution
otland.net

missing 2 src files
So i downloaded latest otclient, did nohing t any files just wanted to compile it, so after some conpiling problems maked by me i finaly fix them and run into error with src files in otclient, i dont think the problem is caused by me thats why made this post. The 2 Errors are Error C1083...
otland.net
otland.net

https://otland.net/posts/2591401/selectBestAnswer

Where is #includes? I found it but now it is complaining about
Severity Code Description Project File Line Suppression State
Error LNK1181 cannot open input file 'libeay32.lib' otclient C:\vcpkg\otclient\vc14\LINK 1

I do not think i have libeay32.lib and it was not provided on the compile git guide from otclient. Where can i find those?

Solved it myself.

Last edited:
Code:
Since he didn't post the solution, here it is; Click on all errors that arise, and add luajit/ in front of the includes.
Example: #include <luajit/lua.hpp>

Keep at it until they go away, it's because they haven't updated the source code on OTClient to match the LUA libraries, which is now inside a folder called Luajit.

hey I have the same problem with libeay32.lib can you tell me how you fix it? :)
Open the file called settings.props, it is located in the same folder as otclient.vcxproj, then change all instances of libeay32.lib to libcrypto.lib.
This error is because OpenSSL changed the name of their lib from libeay32 -> libcrypto.

See how that works out for you and come back with the result.

I've asked them to update the code in regard to these errors, since I myself was struggling with this yesterday.

Last edited:
Back