• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Compiled clients - Idea to popularize the OTClient

Fabri

The God Fabri
Reaction score
I think a good way to popularize the OTClient is let the all versions of client already compiled, working and ready to download. (like they do in the TFS forum)

I'm sure lot of people wanna test and use the client but arent developer (like me).

If we have all version ready to go its easier to use, identify bugs and help the developer.

What you guys think?

I like the idea.
More users = more promotion

Red

Great idea.
I personally am in favor of the promotion of open-source solutions.

Once I get my Linux machine compiling again I will do both Linux and Windows compiles of otclient and sticky the thread (when tala makes me mod soon hopefully).

@BeniS would you mind compiling me the latest source with 10.31 support, I can’t compile i get all kinds of errors on CMake and VS2013 too it’s probably the include libraries that i have and the fact that i use windows 8.1. I you wouldn’t mind i would appreciated.

Check github the latest version was compiled by edubart, see the README

Wich mods are good that move me over to OT Client?? In my Opinion OTClient is not much better than Normal Client did you ever watched OTClient Memory usage its around 500-800MB way TOO MUCH.

Because of Sound? > Does not work and useless better listen Music.

Because you can choose your clients? No need for this u always need to Download the Original CLient so for what?^^

The procedure entry point _glewGetErrorString@4 could not be located in the dynamic link library glew32.dll - How to fix that error?

Ok, so got passed that by adding all dlls to my Otclient folder.

Now I get this error instead;

Unable to find work directory, the application cannot be initialized.

I could get "Hare is0.6.5 compiled" to run, but only 10.31 supported and I need 10.37 :/

Last edited:
Hultin
The procedure entry point _glewGetErrorString@4 could not be located in the dynamic link library glew32.dll - How to fix that error?

Ok, so got passed that by adding all dlls to my Otclient folder.

Now I get this error instead;

Unable to find work directory, the application cannot be initialized.

I could get "Hare is0.6.5 compiled" to run, but only 10.31 supported and I need 10.37 :/

Just download this:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/7lepfc5o7q449n6/otclient23.03.14.7z
http://www.mediafire.com/download/898sy237xnd39cj/DLLs.rar
http://www.mediafire.com/?28h5a3c90f4oon7

and extract all in one folder :)

and you have to remember about to move Tibai 10.37 SPR and DAT in folder "data/things/1037/ " f 1037 dont exist create it :)

edit:

I pack evrything for u
https://www.mediafire.com/?7310af1nc6chhej
All what u need now is place SPR and DAT to "data/things/1037/ "

Last edited:
a more userfriendly download, tutorials and such would be the most important here.

I've been interested in OTClient earlier but lack of announcements made it hard to find what websites/links are trustworthy (I found around 5-7 websites and I bet most of them are fakes).
An announcement pointing directly to the right website, with clear buttons saying exactly where they'll bring you, and proper information on the pages with proper download links that's active and not completely dead, will make OTClient more popular.

there should be branches or something, for every main tibia version.
link for etc, 7.1, 7.2, 7.3.. and so on, every 0.1 version. and also there should be an already compiled client and sources in every branch.

lots of work, but if this happens, I can guarantee you OTClient will be very big within OT-Community.
And maybe you say "why the fuck make and compile for less then 8.5?! most people are on 8.6+ anyway!". which isn't entierly true. sure 8.6+ server have the highest number online (if those numbers are real as spoofing is becoming less rare for every day), but put all those 7.1 to 8.5 together, we might be looking at maybe 20,000 clients? possible more.
And 20,000 more or less users, is a huge thing.
Beside, the more various client version there is, the bigger chance every and single one that's looking for a nice client, will try it, and get stuck with it.
If you can't offer something close to what everyone is looking for, you'll only end up with a few satisfied people.
And if we could satisfy the ones we just missed, we'd possible get even more people that heard from the first guy how awesome the OTC is..

I might be right, I might be wrong.. but where does your logic lies?
Hopefully not under the bed being lazy :)

@LegerianOT
OTClient is for all supported versions at once, you do not need a different executable for different version.

Back