• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Compiling Compiling error tfs 1.4.2 FMT and STD

XiolenceOT

Reaction score
Trying to compile the server but I'm getting these issues, followed a tutorial for the same version but it's just not working, 2 errors, 160 messages and 50 warnings.

Code:
 Severity	Code	Description	Project	File	Line	Suppression State
Error	C2338	static_assert failed: 'Cannot format an argument. To make type T formattable provide a formatter<T> specialization: https://fmt.dev/latest/api.html#udt' (compiling source file ..\src\iomarket.cpp)	theforgottenserver	D:\vcpkg\installed\x64-windows\include\fmt\core.h	1691	
Error	C2338	static_assert failed: 'Cannot format an argument. To make type T formattable provide a formatter<T> specialization: https://fmt.dev/latest/api.html#udt' (compiling source file ..\src\iomapserialize.cpp)	theforgottenserver	D:\vcpkg\installed\x64-windows\include\fmt\core.h	1691
Message		see declaration of 'std::runtime_error' (compiling source file ..\src\iomarket.cpp)	theforgottenserver	C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\2022\Community\VC\Tools\MSVC\14.36.32532\include\stdexcept	101	
Message		see declaration of 'fmt::v10::format_error' (compiling source file ..\src\iomarket.cpp)	theforgottenserver	D:\vcpkg\installed\x64-windows\include\fmt\format.h	1055

Check this out:

It's due to change in FMT 10.x
Removed deprecated implicit conversions for enums and conversions to primitive types for compatibility with std::format and to prevent potential ODR violations. Use format_as instead.

Check this out:

It's due to change in FMT 10.x

Is the VCPKG.JSON file I'm editing supposed to be in workflows? I'm not seeing it or is it in vcpkg?

use vcpkg manifest and downgrade FMT version, that resolve 95% of problems with compiling raw tfs version

use vcpkg manifest and downgrade FMT version, that resolve 95% of problems with compiling raw tfs version
This also makes them use double the storage space if they have already used vcpkg to install the dependencies, as it now downloads them all directly to tfs project folder... which is a waste of time and storage, and is a crap fix IMO. (we should be moving forward with our dependencies, not halting them at a version that is outdated)

I highly suggest taking the 1 minute it takes to make those edits, and then recompiling. Then there will be 100% of the errors gone.

Back