• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

OTClient Compiling OTC fails

Oneda

Aspiring Spriter
Solutions
Reaction score
Trying to compile a different version of OTC and its failing, giving me these errors:

Any ideas why? The client I'm trying to compile: therubyproject/rubyclient

Code:
1>c:\users\oneda\desktop\ruby\cliente\rubyclient\src\framework\net\connection.cpp(102): error C2440: '<function-style-cast>': cannot convert from '' to 'boost::posix_time::seconds'
1>c:\users\oneda\desktop\ruby\cliente\rubyclient\src\framework\net\connection.cpp(102): note: No constructor could take the source type, or constructor overload resolution was ambiguous
1>c:\users\oneda\desktop\ruby\cliente\rubyclient\src\framework\net\connection.cpp(111): error C2440: '<function-style-cast>': cannot convert from '' to 'boost::posix_time::seconds'
1>c:\users\oneda\desktop\ruby\cliente\rubyclient\src\framework\net\connection.cpp(111): note: No constructor could take the source type, or constructor overload resolution was ambiguous
1>c:\users\oneda\desktop\ruby\cliente\rubyclient\src\framework\net\connection.cpp(151): error C2440: '<function-style-cast>': cannot convert from '' to 'boost::posix_time::seconds'
1>c:\users\oneda\desktop\ruby\cliente\rubyclient\src\framework\net\connection.cpp(151): note: No constructor could take the source type, or constructor overload resolution was ambiguous
1>c:\users\oneda\desktop\ruby\cliente\rubyclient\src\framework\net\connection.cpp(167): error C2440: '<function-style-cast>': cannot convert from '' to 'boost::posix_time::seconds'
1>c:\users\oneda\desktop\ruby\cliente\rubyclient\src\framework\net\connection.cpp(167): note: No constructor could take the source type, or constructor overload resolution was ambiguous
1>c:\users\oneda\desktop\ruby\cliente\rubyclient\src\framework\net\connection.cpp(184): error C2440: '<function-style-cast>': cannot convert from '' to 'boost::posix_time::seconds'
1>c:\users\oneda\desktop\ruby\cliente\rubyclient\src\framework\net\connection.cpp(184): note: No constructor could take the source type, or constructor overload resolution was ambiguous
1>c:\users\oneda\desktop\ruby\cliente\rubyclient\src\framework\net\connection.cpp(199): error C2440: '<function-style-cast>': cannot convert from '' to 'boost::posix_time::seconds'
1>c:\users\oneda\desktop\ruby\cliente\rubyclient\src\framework\net\connection.cpp(199): note: No constructor could take the source type, or constructor overload resolution was ambiguous

Solution
Please follow this guide and don't use vcpkg.

edubart/otclient

If you prefer, get the exe file in our Discord: https:/discord.gg/XTrZGpy

Obs: This client is very custom and only works with The Ruby Server.
Please follow this guide and don't use vcpkg.

edubart/otclient

If you prefer, get the exe file in our Discord: https:/discord.gg/XTrZGpy

Obs: This client is very custom and only works with The Ruby Server.

Solution
Oh yeah, thanks Leo. Will indeed try it without using VCPKG then, thanks for the answer.
So did trying without vcpkg help? I've been getting the exact same errors, I'm just getting back into programming and I'm not quite sure how to fix it... I mean I sort of get that it's not wanting to convert types, but I'm not sure what it wants instead.

i'm pretty sure there's another error when including al.h and alc.h or w/e, they have to be changed to <al/al.h> and <al/alc.h>

i'm pretty sure there's another error when including al.h and alc.h or w/e, they have to be changed to <al/al.h> and <al/alc.h>
Yeah I caught that one earlier and did exactly that, now I'm down to the error

Error LNK1104 cannot open file 'libboost_system-vc141-mt-x64-1_68.lib'

I guess I don't have that idk, I was checking in the boost install directory(which was the latest from boost.org) and I guess the stuff I have is version 14.0 for some reason? Is there something odd with the versions you know?

So I have libboost_thread-vc140-mt-x64-1_68.lib
in
\boost_1_68_0\lib64-msvc-14.0\

but I'm guessing I need like 14.1 of that?

Last edited:
Download the newest version of boost rather than the one they specify on the tutorial for compiling.

After checking around I guess maybe I gotta do something to build the right boost libraries or something... eh idk :confused:...
So anyway... I figured out after looking around that the way I installed boost (with the binary installer) didn't build the right stuff (maybe?), so I found that the build could be set up, apparently there is a build option for all possible configurations so I did that(with .\b2 --complete ) lol and so it's building... gotta be 15 minutes, and I'm hoping I didn't screw this up :p

In visual studio linked
\boost_1_68_0\stage\lib\

OMG! rebuild succeeds!:D

Back