• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Compiling Compiling TFS 0.2.14.r101 With Stian's Repack Dev-Cpp 0.2, 64bit.

lord5

Reaction score
Hey When i Compiling TFS 0.2.14.r101 I get this
Code:
  [Linker error] undefined reference to `DatabaseManager::tableExists(std::string)' 

[Linker error] undefined reference to `DatabaseManager::isDatabaseSetup()' 

[Linker error] undefined reference to `DatabaseManager::updateDatabase()' 

[Linker error] undefined reference to `DatabaseManager::updateDatabase()' 

[Linker error] undefined reference to `DatabaseManager::checkTriggers()' 

[Linker error] undefined reference to `DatabaseManager::checkEncryption()' 

[Linker error] undefined reference to `DatabaseManager::optimizeTables()' 

[Linker error] undefined reference to `_imp__xmlFree' 

more undefined references to `_imp__xmlFree' follow 

ld returned 1 exit status 

*** [TheForgottenServer.exe] Error 1

Thank You For Helps!

Having multiple versions of Devcpp installed or folders of it?
Try deleting all but one and locate it in C:\ folder.

Unresolved symbols are linking errors. Meaning the linker was unable to find the symbol and thus can't generate any code for it.
Usually, you did not add a .c or .cpp file to your project. linker won't find them because the compiler didn't compile the code for the functions.

What do i do send file to me please.
Do u mean that i delete file project and download it again?

Last edited:
Please don't create more than one thread, it's not necessary with 3 threads about the same issue.

I've deleted the other two though.

bump, i'm a newb with c++ and i'm having the same exact problem
Edit; after playing around for a while, i decided to delete everything about the database manager that gave an error because there is no longer a databasemanager.h or .cpp, i know this probably isn't the solution to this but it's what I came up with. I also changed #include "databasemanager.h" to #include "database.h" in otserv.cpp, and luascript.cpp. I also removed the lua function about existing tables in the database since I changed everything to db and database and it still gave errors. I'm still stumped on the _imp_xmlFree errors and I don't want to touch them in case something bad happens. Thanks for help in advance, and let me know if removing the database manager was the right decision.

Last edited:
bump
EDIT; So now I was going to restart, since i made some changes I decided to manually go in and replace the .cpp and .h files. Upon doing so, I noticed that there was the databasemanager files still, but they were not in the project, so I went to the top of the list on the left-hand side of the screen and right clicked on the project and pressed "add file" and added the database manager, this worked. Now the only problem I have is the _imp_xmlFree problem, here is a detailed description of the problem.
Lua:
obj//status.o:status.cpp:(.text+0x15f0): undefined reference to `_imp__xmlFree'
obj//tools.o:tools.cpp:(.text+0x8cc): undefined reference to `_imp__xmlFree'
obj//tools.o:tools.cpp:(.text+0x917): undefined reference to `_imp__xmlFree'
obj//tools.o:tools.cpp:(.text+0x965): undefined reference to `_imp__xmlFree'
obj//tools.o:tools.cpp:(.text+0xb0b): undefined reference to `_imp__xmlFree'
obj//tools.o:tools.cpp:(.text+0xb67): more undefined references to `_imp__xmlFree' follow
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

mingw32-make: *** [TheForgottenServer.exe] Error 1

Execution terminated

Last edited:
Back