• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

TFS 1.X+ Compiling TFS 1.3 [Windows]

Addams

OTMadness.com OTSes Services
Staff member
Board Moderator
Solutions
Reaction score
I am trying to install setup vcpkg but every time I try
Code:
.\bootstrap-vcpkg.bat
I get this error
Code:
C:\Windows\System32\vcpkg\scripts\bootstrap.ps1 : Building vcpkg.exe failed. Please ensure you have installed Visual
Studio with the Desktop C++ workload and the Windows SDK for Desktop C++.
At line:1 char:4
+ & {& 'C:\Windows\System32\vcpkg\scripts\bootstrap.ps1' }
+    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    + CategoryInfo          : NotSpecified: (:) [Write-Error], WriteErrorException
    + FullyQualifiedErrorId : Microsoft.PowerShell.Commands.WriteErrorException,bootstrap.ps1

I installed Visual studio 2017 Community with
Code:
Desktop development with C++ 

and individual components :
C# and Visual Basic Roslyn compilers
Static analysis tools
C# and Visual Basic
.NET Framework 4.6.1 SDK
.NET Framework 4.6 targeting pack
NuGet package manager
VC++ 2017 version 15.9 v14.16 latest v141 tools
Windows Universal CRT SDK
Windows 10 SDK (10.0.16299.0) for UWP: C#, VB, JS
Windows 10 SDK (10.0.16299.0) for UWP: C++
Windows 10 SDK (10.0.16299.0) for Desktop C++ [x86 and x64]
Windows 10 SDK (10.0.16299.0) for Desktop C++ [ARM and ARM64]
Visual C++ compilers and libraries for ARM64
Visual C++ compilers and libraries for ARM
Visual C++ runtime for UWP
Git for Windows
Visual Studio SDK
.NET Compiler Platform SDK
VC++ 2017 version 15.9 v14.16 Libs for Spectre (x86 and x64)
I know I have installed many not needed individual components but I was trying to solve this problem and find what is missing.

Uninstalled Visual studio 2017 Community and reinstalled/removed vcpkg, cloned again and still same error.
Does anyone know what is the problem? or can guide me exactly through the installation?

In-case your totally stuck:
Have you considered running the server in Virtualbox as a virtual linux machine?
Makes this all easier. Couple of commands and your compiling code. Getting used to Linux will also prepare you for when its time to host the server publicly. If you need to grab latest TFS 1.3 pre-compiled for windows you can do so here.

Downloaded/installed still having same issue.
In-case your totally stuck:
Have you considered running the server in Virtualbox as a virtual linux machine?
Makes this all easier. Couple of commands and your compiling code. Getting used to Linux will also prepare you for when its time to host the server publicly. If you need to grab latest TFS 1.3 pre-compiled for windows you can do so here.
Compiled binaries won't work for me because I am using downgraded TFS 1.3 [8.60] and about using Virtualbox is a great idea I will do it if I am stuck again.
I think I have passed the error by moving vcpkg to another partition instead of C:, now installing libraries hope no future errors.
Thanks for you all.

Now its stuck on libraries installation, I can't know the reason I think I did everything exactly as it should be done.
Code:
-- Performing CMake integration test
CMake Error at scripts/cmake/vcpkg_test_cmake.cmake:71 (message):
  CMake integration test failed; unable to find_package(OpenSSL MODULE
  REQUIRED)
Call Stack (most recent call first):
  ports/openssl-windows/portfile.cmake:171 (vcpkg_test_cmake)
  scripts/ports.cmake:71 (include)

Error: Building package openssl-windows:x64-windows failed with: BUILD_FAILED
Please ensure you're using the latest portfiles with `.\vcpkg update`, then
submit an issue at https://github.com/Microsoft/vcpkg/issues including:
  Package: openssl-windows:x64-windows
  Vcpkg version: 2018.11.23-nohash

Additionally, attach any relevant sections from the log files above.
Any solution? Have anyone been stuck with same error?
I also think I won't be able to run linux virtualbox, I don't have the system requirement ATM as I already ran Kali linux few months ago and my hardware got crashed after a month or less.

Now its stuck on libraries installation, I can't know the reason I think I did everything exactly as it should be done.
Code:
-- Performing CMake integration test
CMake Error at scripts/cmake/vcpkg_test_cmake.cmake:71 (message):
  CMake integration test failed; unable to find_package(OpenSSL MODULE
  REQUIRED)
Call Stack (most recent call first):
  ports/openssl-windows/portfile.cmake:171 (vcpkg_test_cmake)
  scripts/ports.cmake:71 (include)

Error: Building package openssl-windows:x64-windows failed with: BUILD_FAILED
Please ensure you're using the latest portfiles with `.\vcpkg update`, then
submit an issue at https://github.com/Microsoft/vcpkg/issues including:
  Package: openssl-windows:x64-windows
  Vcpkg version: 2018.11.23-nohash

Additionally, attach any relevant sections from the log files above.
View attachment 35400
Any solution? Have anyone been stuck with same error?
I also think I won't be able to run linux virtualbox, I don't have the system requirement ATM as I already ran Kali linux few months ago and my hardware got crashed after a month or less.
Why are you trying to compile in power shell ? What exactly the benefit from compiling on it?, also why you don't try to compile with msvs ? By the way its useless to compile in power shell with those errors

Why are you trying to compile in power shell ? What exactly the benefit from compiling on it?, also why you don't try to compile with msvs ?
I am not trying to compile using PowerShell, I am trying to install vcpkg and libraries for Visual Studio Community 2017 and I have to do that via "PowerShell" or "Git Bash" no other ways I believe.
Code:
Note: since 2018-06-17 the theforgottenserver.sln MSVS project file is no longer configured for use with TFS SDK. Please follow Compiling on Windows (with vcpkg) instead. The following tutorial applies to all versions until and including TFS 1.2 and master branch until commit bcb86ea.

Edit :
Fixed by downloading CMake latest version 64x
Kitware/CMake (https://github.com/Kitware/CMake/releases)

Last edited:
Back