• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Compiling Compiling TFS 1.5

Hobbyist

Reaction score
Hello otlanders!
I'm a novice at these things so bare with me.
I've been trying to compile a TFS 1.5 from github for a while, and i've come to a certain stage where the only error that shows up for me is basically this error C1083 about not being able to open /src/otpch.cpp "no such file or directory" although it exists and i can't even go into actions.h either as it doesn't seem to recognize this file's existence, is there anything i can do to fix this or should i just start from the beginning and try to follow the tutorial from the start?

I've been following the tutorial but with the tutorial there seems to be even more errors at hand really, i've watched a few videos i've been sitting at this for couple of days my pride didn't allow me make an account or a post, but i sorta am close to giving up.

So if anyone is willing to help out or maybe explain why this is showing up, like do i need to download a copy of SRC from somewhere to replace these files or is there something i have to remove, honestly i've got no clue what to do atm~.

Anyways tysm~
For glaring over at my thread.

Attachments

you shouldn't put your source files inside vcpkg folder, what tutorial are you following to compile?
try one of these:
Will do, i have followed these before but always garnered a huge amount of errors.
Post automatically merged:

Alright, i've gone back to square one got rid of my previous folders, followed the tutorial, it seems to say there's no issues with running it but the 90ish warnings are concerning considering i might be an idiot but i hope i'm not a professional idiot to an extent to be unable follow tutorials.

Attachments

Last edited:
these are just warnings, not errors as far as i can see, is the compilation successful? i mean, is the executable created?
Hmm it has created yeah, but whenever i open it, it ends up closing immediately in a flash, so i don't even see it.
Post automatically merged:

these are just warnings, not errors as far as i can see, is the compilation successful? i mean, is the executable created?
it's pretty odd because i do vividly remember last time i followed the same tutorial i've had like 3-4 errors lol

Hmm it has created yeah, but whenever i open it, it ends up closing immediately in a flash, so i don't even see it.
case 1:

Thank you very much for your help, i've finished doing the first steps or so, for now i am stomped on the account/character creation but i'm gonna either do that with gesior or znoteaac later on, i'm not sure if i have to use sha1 but probably i do.
I've finished a part of the work for now, so will continue later on, hopefully there will be some things on otland about that other part of work~.

Back