• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Compiling Compiling TFS 1.x Ninja Sources 8.0

MaR0

Banned User
Solutions
Reaction score
Hello landers, trying to compile this sources ninjalulz/forgottenserver (downgrade based on TFS 1.2)
i'v used Microsoft Visual Studio 2017 and boost_1_66_0 and tfs sdk v 3.2
This Error comes to the end of compiling:-
Hgfugw-gwi.png

Code:
1>LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file 'libboost_system-vc140-mt-1_62.lib'
1>Done building project "theforgottenserver.vcxproj" -- FAILED.
========== Build: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========

Last edited:
Last edited:
he is using 2015, I belive he dosent have the 140 toolset

"Can't find v140 in Visual Studio 2017 - Developer Community"

you need install "VC++ 2015.3 v140 toolset(x86,x64)" component Under Desktop development with C++ workload.
i'm using 141 toolset,
this error comes at linking
Code:
1>connection.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "class boost::system::error_category const & __cdecl boost::system::system_category(void)" (?system_category@system@boost@@YAAEBVerror_category@12@XZ)
1>C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2017\Professional\Common7\IDE\VC\VCTargets\Microsoft.CppCommon.targets(720,5): error MSB6006: "link.exe" exited with code 1120.
1>otpch.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "class boost::system::error_category const & __cdecl boost::system::generic_category(void)" (?generic_category@system@boost@@YAAEBVerror_category@12@XZ)
1>C:\Users\MaR0\Desktop\forgottenserver-8.0\vc14\x64\Release\theforgottenserver.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 2 unresolved externals
1>Done building project "theforgottenserver.vcxproj" -- FAILED.

you aren't supposed to compile boost sources, you only need to add the lib files to additional library directories in project settings/linker/ and then compile
mM0LqE9.png

there should be a folder called libs and lib64-msvc-14.0 for x64
if you don't have lib64 redownload boost 1.62.0 because those are the files you need
Az1jt3c.png

Back