• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Compiling Compiling The Forgotten Server latest source code - Last Update: 02/12/2010

Never mine, was able to solve it.
Working for me now.

Only one doubt left. I know its a dum question but I have to ask
The lattest rev packages, are just the same as lets say the full: forgotten server (or what ever), but with more fixes???

So is it recomendet to compile every time a REV comes out or
is it really not worth the time.

Thanks!!

Last edited:
tfs-dev-cpp are bugged (it's an old version of Dev-Cpp with several lacks, which literally makes Dev Cpp crash)

1. TFDev-Cpp has no source modification in the Dev-Cpp IDE itself, so there is no reason why it would crash.

2. Dev-Cpp is a dead project, so there is no updated either so you can't say TFDev-Cpp is using an old version because it's the latest aswell.

3. What do you mean with 'bugged'? It works fine for me, otherwise I wouldn't release it.

I'm getting this error.

Code:
C:\Documents and Settings\Johan Hilding\Desktop\Dev-Cpp\Bin\..\lib\gcc\mingw32\3.4.2\..\..\..\..\mingw32\bin\ld.exe: cannot find -lxml2.dll
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

make.exe: *** [TheForgottenServer.exe] Error 1

Execution terminated

Any idea?

I'm getting this error.

Code:
C:\Documents and Settings\Johan Hilding\Desktop\Dev-Cpp\Bin\..\lib\gcc\mingw32\3.4.2\..\..\..\..\mingw32\bin\ld.exe: cannot find -lxml2.dll
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

make.exe: *** [TheForgottenServer.exe] Error 1

Execution terminated

Any idea?

Use the newest dev-c++ that talaturen posted

Well, I know absolutely nothing about C++, but I followed this tutorial exactly and I'm still getting these errors.

windres.exe -i New_OT_private.rc --input-format=rc -o New_OT_private.res -O coff

windres.exe: 'New_OT_private.rc --input-format=rc -o New_OT_private.res': No such file
windres.exe: can't open 'New_OT_private.rc --input-format=rc -o New_OT_private.res' for input.

make.exe: *** [New_OT_private.res] Error 1

Execution terminated

what am i doing wrong? :|

1. TFDev-Cpp has no source modification in the Dev-Cpp IDE itself, so there is no reason why it would crash.

2. Dev-Cpp is a dead project, so there is no updated either so you can't say TFDev-Cpp is using an old version because it's the latest aswell.

3. What do you mean with 'bugged'? It works fine for me, otherwise I wouldn't release it.

I get the * error, which I googled and resulted in a conclusion that GCC is outdated

Use the newest dev-c++ that talaturen posted

And then you get this:

Last edited:
I get the * error, which I googled and resulted in a conclusion that GCC is outdated

And then you get this:

That's an issue with Winblows Vista, and it's in Dev-Cpp aswell. It's not because GCC is outdated but that it doesn't find cc1. This can be solved in an easy way which is to move cc1 to the bin/ directory. It's already fixed in TFDev-Cpp v1.4.

Code:
  [Resource error] can't open icon file `TheForgottenServer.ico': No such file or directory 
 C:\Documents and Settings\StarCraft\Pulpit\8.1\Forgotten\Project\Makefile.win [Build Error]  [Kedor_private.res] Error 1

whats that?
thats somethink with ico file.. but i choose it from library so why it says no such file? :?

i got that error when compiling latest tags from TFS SVN :S

I have error to compiling:

Compiler: Default compiler
Building Makefile: "C:\Documents and Settings\Arkadius\Pulpit\Server\source\project\Mak efile.win"
Executing make...
make.exe -f "C:\Documents and Settings\Arkadius\Pulpit\Server\source\project\Mak efile.win" all
windres.exe -i RoxOTServer_private.rc --input-format=rc -o RoxOTServer_private.res -O coff

g++.exe ../account.o ../actions.o ../admin.o ../allocator.o ../ban.o ../baseevents.o ../beds.o ../chat.o ../combat.o ../commands.o ../condition.o ../configmanager.o ../connection.o ../container.o ../creature.o ../creatureevent.o ../cylinder.o ../database.o ../databasemysql.o ../databasesqlite.o ../depot.o ../exception.o ../fileloader.o ../game.o ../gui.o ../house.o ../housetile.o ../inputbox.o ../ioguild.o ../iologindata.o ../iomap.o ../iomapserialize.o ../item.o ../items.o ../logger.o ../luascript.o ../mailbox.o ../map.o ../md5.o ../monster.o ../monsters.o ../movement.o ../networkmessage.o ../npc.o ../otserv.o ../outfit.o ../outputmessage.o ../party.o ../player.o ../playerbox.o ../position.o ../protocol.o ../protocolgame.o ../protocollogin.o ../quests.o ../raids.o ../rsa.o ../scheduler.o ../scriptmanager.o ../server.o ../sha1.o ../spawn.o ../spells.o ../status.o ../talkaction.o ../tasks.o ../teleport.o ../textlogger.o ../thing.o ../tile.o ../tools.o ../trashholder.o ../vocation.o ../waitlist.o ../weapons.o RoxOTServer_private.res -o "RoxOTServer.exe" -L"D:/Dev-Cpp/lib" -mwindows -O1 -lboost_system -lgmp -lluasql-mysql -lluasql-sqlite3 -llua5.1 -lmysql -lregex -lsqlite3 -lwsock32 -lxml2 -lmysql -lws2_32 -s

../database.o(.text+0x1e67):database.cpp: undefined reference to `mysql_escape_string@12'
../databasemysql.o(.text+0x496):databasemysql.cpp: undefined reference to `mysql_init@4'
../databasemysql.o(.text+0x5d8):databasemysql.cpp: undefined reference to `mysql_real_connect@32'
../databasemysql.o(.text+0x5ed):databasemysql.cpp: undefined reference to `mysql_error@4'
../databasemysql.o(.text+0x661):databasemysql.cpp: undefined reference to `mysql_close@4'
../databasemysql.o(.text+0x734):databasemysql.cpp: undefined reference to `mysql_real_query@12'
../databasemysql.o(.text+0x74d):databasemysql.cpp: undefined reference to `mysql_error@4'
../databasemysql.o(.text+0x83c):databasemysql.cpp: undefined reference to `mysql_errno@4'
../databasemysql.o(.text+0x9eb):databasemysql.cpp: undefined reference to `mysql_real_escape_string@16'
../databasemysql.o(.text+0xbd9):databasemysql.cpp: undefined reference to `mysql_store_result@4'

../databasemysql.o(.text+0xbf7):databasemysql.cpp: undefined reference to `mysql_error@4'
../databasemysql.o(.text+0xc77):databasemysql.cpp: undefined reference to `mysql_errno@4'
../databasemysql.o(.text+0xcbc):databasemysql.cpp: undefined reference to `mysql_num_fields@4'
../databasemysql.o(.text+0xcd8):databasemysql.cpp: undefined reference to `mysql_fetch_fields@4'
../databasemysql.o(.text+0xe1b):databasemysql.cpp: undefined reference to `mysql_fetch_row@4'
../databasemysql.o(.text+0xe32):databasemysql.cpp: undefined reference to `mysql_fetch_lengths@4'
../databasemysql.o(.text+0xe6f):databasemysql.cpp: undefined reference to `mysql_free_result@4'
../databasemysql.o(.text+0xef6):databasemysql.cpp: undefined reference to `mysql_rollback@4'
../databasemysql.o(.text+0xf0b):databasemysql.cpp: undefined reference to `mysql_error@4'
../databasemysql.o(.text+0xf88):databasemysql.cpp: undefined reference to `mysql_commit@4'

../databasemysql.o(.text+0xf9d):databasemysql.cpp: undefined reference to `mysql_error@4'

make.exe: *** [RoxOTServer.exe] Error 1

Execution terminated

I searched this forum for dev c++ and downloaded the one in talaturens post (assuming it is the lastest) but I still have the same problem when compiling.

bahhh.JPG

Code:
  [Resource error] can't open icon file `TheForgottenServer.ico': No such file or directory 
 C:\Documents and Settings\StarCraft\Pulpit\8.1\Forgotten\Project\Makefile.win [Build Error]  [Kedor_private.res] Error 1

whats that?
thats somethink with ico file.. but i choose it from library so why it says no such file? :?

i got that error when compiling latest tags from TFS SVN :S

You need to place the 'TheForgottenServer.ico' into the same folder as your project is being made into. If you are using a different icon then that, you need to place that in there and also change this line in the "gui_resources.cpp":
Code:
ID_ICON ICON "TheForgottenServer.ico"

Bintzmeister,
If you had read someone else's problems, you might have seen that you are not the only one and that Talaturen has posted the solution to it:

Well, I know absolutely nothing about C++, but I followed this tutorial exactly and I'm still getting these errors.

That's an issue with Winblows Vista, and it's in Dev-Cpp aswell. It's not because GCC is outdated but that it doesn't find cc1. This can be solved in an easy way which is to move cc1 to the bin/ directory. It's already fixed in TFDev-Cpp v1.4.

4:59 C:\Users\Mads\Desktop\download\theforgottenserver-r687-src\src\The_Forgotten_Server_private.rc no include path in which to search for windows.h
15 C:\Users\Mads\Desktop\download\theforgottenserver-r687-src\src\The_Forgotten_Server_private.rc [Resource error] syntax error

Seems like .rc files does not use the default include directory, in The_Forgotten_Server_private.rc add the path to the windows.h in the include, like this:
#include <windows.h>
to:
#include <C:/Dev-Cpp/include/windows.h>

Bintzmeister,
If you had read someone else's problems, you might have seen that you are not the only one and that Talaturen has posted the solution to it:

O sorry, didn't feel like readin 35 pages lookin for it. :D

Now I'm still getting these:

[Resource error] no resources

C:\Users\Gavin\Desktop\stuff(2)\tfs source\forgottenserver\forgottenserver\tags\0.2\Project\Makefile.win [Build Error] [Immortal_private.res] Error 1

Last edited:
Seems like .rc files does not use the default include directory, in The_Forgotten_Server_private.rc add the path to the windows.h in the include, like this:
#include <windows.h>
to:
#include <C:/Dev-Cpp/include/windows.h>

Same errors.
I exchanged every error (no include path which to search from) with #include <C:/Dev-Cpp/include/file.h>, but errors still appears:

4 C:\Dev-Cpp\include\windows.h:44, from The_Forgotten_Server_private.rc In file included from C:/Dev-Cpp/include/windows.h:44, from The_Forgotten_Server_private.rc
4 C:\Users\Mads\Desktop\download\theforgottenserver-r687-src\src\The_Forgotten_Server_private.rc from The_Forgotten_Server_private.rc
8:21 C:\Dev-Cpp\include\winresrc.h no include path in which to search for winuser.h

etc

Back